Ranking My Top 10 Favorite Billie Eilish Songs

With any artist comes the controversial question: What’s your favorite song? As a Billie Eilish fan, I always find it hard to answer this question, since Billie’s music has done so much for me and every song is my favorite song. Nonetheless, I decided to sit down and rank my top 10 favorite songs that Billie has released. Without further ado, here is my utterly biased ranking of Billie Eilish’s best songs.

10. “Lost Cause”

This song is more upbeat than Eilish’s other songs and it is an empowering anthem. I listen to this when I want to feel good about myself and feel like I’m on top of the world.

9. “TV”

This song was released fairly recently and I had to include it on this list. This song gives me goosebumps whenever I listen to it. Eilish gets very vulnerable in this song and talks about current issues that not many people are talking about and I admire her for that.

8. “everything i wanted”

Co-written and produced by Eilish’s brother, Finneas, this song discusses one of the most vulnerable positions she has been in. This song captures the dynamic between Billie and Finneas and addresses how strong their bond is. This collaboration is sensational, as it has over one billion streams on Spotify.

7. “Billie bossa nova”

When I listened to Happier Than Ever for the first time, this song really stuck out to me. The samba style is something that Eilish has never done before and I was blown away by how she was able to showcase it in this song.

6. “Male Fantasy”

This song introduces the effects that the male gaze has on women and I couldn’t say it better myself. While the topic of the song is not pretty, Eilish composes her thoughts so well and in a non-aggressive way, ending the song on an accepting note with “I know I should but I could never hate you.”

5. “my future”

This song came out right before my senior year of high school and is very sentimental to me. Senior year is such a stressful yet exciting time, as you are applying for colleges and preparing for the next stage in your life. The lyrics are very optimistic and help me remember that I am worthy and that I’m going on the right path. With affirmations such as, “’Cause I, I’m in love with my future, can’t wait to meet her,” what’s not to love about this song?

4. “Getting Older”

This song gives me such a bittersweet feeling. Lyrics like, “Things I once enjoyed just keep me employed now. Things I’m longing for, someday, I’ll be bored of” show that growing up is scary and that you should appreciate the moments you have when you’re young. Eilish ends the song on a sweeter note, showing how much she has grown and learned. She also shows what she hopes to be in the future with lyrics like “But next week, I hope I’m somewhere laughing, for anybody asking, I promise I’ll be fine.” I cried when I saw her sing this live, as she showed videos of her when she was a baby on the big screen.

3. “Halley’s Comet”

This delicate and lighthearted track discusses how it feels to fall in love. Her vocals in this song are unmatched.

2. “when the party’s over”

This is the song that made me become a fan of Billie. It’s perfect and mesmerizing. That’s all.

1. “Happier Than Ever”

I think we all saw this coming. I wish I could hear this song for the first time again. I also cried when I saw this song live.

That’s my list of my top 10 songs. Now go listen to Billie!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

I am a sophomore at Florida State University majoring in psychology. I enjoy listening to music, going to concerts, and learning about new things!