It’s that time of year again. The time when the leaves fall down and the weather starts to cool off (unless you’re in Florida where it still feels like summer). Spooky season, where people will begin to dress up in costumes for parties or to go trick or treating. Even though these activities are vastly different they both involve one thing, candy. During the month of October, it is practically impossible to go without eating enough candy for the whole year. With that in mind, here are my top ten candies for this Halloween season. 

10. Nerds

I hold a special place in my heart for nerds because eating them is half of the fun. You can either eat them one by one or tip the whole little carton back in your mouth at once, whatever floats your boats. However, I’m not a big fan of the flavor of nerds, but the fun factor of them helped them get onto my top 10 list. 

9. Twizzlers

I’m honestly not a huge Twizzler fan, however, I do appreciate them and crave one from time to time during my sugar-induced month of October. They have a very distinct flavor from other candies that provides a nice palate cleanser amongst all the chocolate. 

8. Twix

Chocolate Candies
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Honestly, this one is a classic. I like Twix because there’s a good balance between caramel and chocolate and the cookie gives a nice crunch. My one issue with Twix is sometimes the caramel and chocolate together can be too sweet. 

7. Almond Joys

A new favorite of mine, because growing up I always thought of this as a grown-up candy for people who liked almonds. However, even though I still don’t like almonds, the other flavors of this candy bar masks their taste surprisingly well. 

6. Kit Kats

I feel like Kit Kats are another iconic staple Halloween candy. They are fun to eat and share with friends (or not let’s be real) and they simply can’t go wrong. While they are not my number one against the other chocolate-based candies, I will never turn down a good Kit Kat. 

5.Gummy Bears

These are some of my favorites because of how chewy they are and they provide a nice refreshing fruit flavor amidst the sea of chocolate candies. 

4. Three Musketeers

The main selling point for me on the Three Musketeers is the texture. I don’t know how the candy companies do it but the inside of this is like a chocolate cloud that is absolutely heavenly. 

3. Sour Gummy Worms

I’m not a huge sour candy fan, but these I love because they are so different from the other candies. They are sour and sweet and chewy all at the same time and you just can’t seem to stop eating them. 

2. Reese’s

With the complimentary peanut butter and chocolate of the iconic Reeses, you can never go wrong. These have the perfect balance of sweet and a little salty, but you’ll definitely want to have a drink nearby because these will make you thirsty.  

1. M&M’s

M&Ms in a jar
Photo by Robert Anasch from Unsplash

Here is the main reason that M&M’s are my number one, no one is ever mad about getting them. With their hard candy coating and chocolate inside M&M’s are consistently a crowd-pleaser that never disappoints. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and Pinterest!

Hi everyone I'm Emma! I am a freshman at Florida State University. I don't quite know my major yet but I love writing which is why I decided to join Her Campus. I love going on adventures and seeing all that the world has to offer.
Her Campus at Florida State University.