Rachel and The City: Urban Decay’s Naked3 Officially Exposed!

Here’s to the moment we’ve all been waiting for… The Naked palette series is back and better than ever! On December 6, Urban Decay released Naked3 to online customers of Urban Decay, Sephora, Macy’s and Ulta. And for all of you eye shadow lovers who’d rather see the palette in person before you order it online, according to Sephora, the eye shadow palette will be released in stores TODAY! Even if Naked3 isn’t one of your favorites,  Naked, Naked2, and Naked Basics have fab shades and I’m here to help you decide which one’s best for you! So before you put on your shoes, grab your Starbucks, and drive over to Governor’s Square Mall, let’s take a look at the entire series.

~ Naked

Urban Decay’s original palette in the Naked series contains 12 shadows. From left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, and Gunmetal. These colors darken as you go up the palette, adding a little more edge with each color. For those of you Collegiette’s who don’t like the bright, sparkly colors and would rather go for a more natural look with neutral shades, this palette is ideal. These shadows can easily mix into a soft tone for daytime. However,  for a sexy night-out, mix Gunmetal and Creep for the perfect, not too dark shade of “I look good and I know it.” Naked starts at $52.

~ Naked2

Urban Decay’s sequel, Naked2, is the bolder version of Naked. From left to right: Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, and Blackout. When it comes to the lack of shimmer, Naked and Naked2 are similar. However,  Naked2 has what Naked doesn’t have: matte. We all need a little matte in our lives, and the Blackout shade makes this happen. Whether you’re looking for a light, daytime look, a shadowy, noticeable glimpse, or a dark “look me in the eye” mix,  Naked2 has an increased variety, but still lacks the brightness some of you Collegiette’s may look for.  Naked2 starts at $52.

[ pagebreak ]

~ Naked Basics

Urban Decay truly goes back to the basics with Naked Basics. From left to right: Venus, Foxy, W.O.S, Naked 2, Faint, and Crave. Having only six shades, this palette is strictly matte. Naked Basics has more of an even-toned look for daytime. However, this set adds Crave, which is very similar to Naked2’s Blackout. What bothers me about Naked Basics is that there aren’t many shades to mix for nighttime, making it almost impossible to get a darker look from this set. So if you’re into a paler, neutral look and know you don’t care about having the option of creating a darker look, Naked Basics is the palette for you. Naked Basics starts at $27.

~ Naked3

Here’s to Urban Decay’s newly released Naked3, extremely close to topping off my favorite of the Naked palette sets, Naked2. From left to right: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, and Blackheart. Naked3 has the widest range of colors, beginning with a neutral base to light shades of pink to purples to browns to black. This set gives the option for easy mixtures, making your eyes look better than ever. For those of you Collegiette’s waiting for that perfect amount of shimmer (not too little, not too much) this palette does just that. Apply Strange and Dust for a romantic, shimmery shade, Mugshot and Darkside for a daring look, or Blackheart with a touch of Darkside for a sexy boldness. Since Naked3 is so new, the palette may be out of stock online, but look first before hitting the stores! Naked3 starts at $52.

*Naked palette photos courtesy of urbandecay.com

Editor-in-Chief, Her Campus FSU // Follow me @rachelepstein_
Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be!