Race Through New York: The Deets on Jimmy Fallon’s New Ride at Universal

Grab your floral fanny packs and SPF 35 because Universal Studios has just blessed us with yet another reason to visit their theme park this summer. If they hadn’t already sold you on purchasing a lifetime pass for the sole purpose of feeling like a true member of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, now you can fly through New York City with Jimmy Fallon on the park’s latest simulated ride: Race Through New York. 

Courtesy: Universal Orlando Blog

In an interview with USA Today, Fallon dishes all the deets on his latest project with Universal. Described as “a love-letter to New York,” this ride is said to take guests all over the city and even envelop them in the scent of authentic New York pizza while they take on their journey. You can expect to see a few classic NYC landmarks, ranging everywhere from the Statue of Liberty to Times Square, as well as run into a few different characters played by Fallon himself. 

Courtesy: USA Today

In addition to the making of this simulated ride, Universal has even gone as far as to recreate The Tonight Show’s Studio 6B, which is then located within an even more magnificent recreation of NBC’s 30 Rock building. As one of the many people who are in love with the magic of New York City, I can’t wait to take a quick day trip to Orlando just to pretend like I’m actually going to Rockefeller Center. How wonderful. 

On top of all that beauty, there is even a Tonight Show museum inside the building featuring past hosts and mementos of the show! And I can only imagine there will be an equally amazing souvenir section available at the end of the exhibit, of which I am extremely excited to peruse after taking in all the wonders of the ride. Hopefully the souvenir shop is also pizza scented. That would really be the cherry on top. 

Courtesy: USA Today

I'm a junior at Florida State University, double majoring in Editing, Writing and Media and Media Communication Studies. I love every kind of music and find the most joy in life when I'm at a concert. Writing and cleaning are my two favorite hobbies, and my Netflix queue tends to consist of cooking shows and teen dramas (The Great British Bake Off and Thirteen Reasons Why are my current favorites).
Her Campus at Florida State University.