Quarantine Playlist Responsible for my Sanity

No matter who you are quarantined with or where you are choosing to pass time while social distancing, we all have something keeping the clocks moving and brightening the light at the end of the tunnel. For some, it may be their art, or maybe following TikTok trends and bleaching a pair of jeans. For me, it has been these 19 songs on repeat to keep my mind busy in the midst of learning to cope with the crisis we are all figuring out together. 

1. “Supalonely” by Benee

Just because if I’m not doing homework, I’m doing this TikTok dance.

2. “Stockholm Syndrome” by One Direction

“Who’s that shadow holding me hostage? I’ve been here for days.” It’s me. I’m the shadow. 

3. “I Go Crazy” by Flesh for Lulu

From the John Hughes movie Some Kind of Wonderful that I have managed to watch three times in the past two weeks. 

4. “Young & Alive” by Bazzi

This song just makes me feel sappy about being within a two-mile radius of my best friends yet having the inability to see them.

5. “circle the drain” by Soccer Mommy

“Hey, I’ve been falling apart these days.” 

6. “LNOE” by Miniature Tigers

Something about the opening lyrics “I can’t believe that we’re finally here” gives me a lot of hope for the world and our reluctance to ever take things for granted once things return to normal.

7. “Space Cadet” by beabadoobee

Another one that serves as a reminder to not let ourselves feel guilty for not maximizing every minute of quarantine. “Feeling sh*t again… haven’t left my bed” is ok!

8. “Superfruit” by Maude Latour

Maude Latour is the best discovery to come out of this quarantine.

9. “Miss You 2” by Gabrielle Aplin & Nina Nesbitt

Crying is Ok Neon Sign
Unsplash

It’s me, in my feelings again about missing my friends.

10 “It’ll Work Itself Out” by Donovan Woods

The title is self-explanatory. Listen to Mr. Donovan Woods!

11.“Things Won’t Go My Way” by Peach Tree Rascals

Another gem discovery from browsing Spotify while my Zoom is paused and muted.

12.“Time Alone with You” by Jacob Collier (feat. Danielle Caesar)

Whether this is to whoever you’re quarantined with or yourself, we are getting plenty of time alone.

13 “Fight or Flight” by Conan Gray

This song is my favorite from Conan Gray’s recent album and the closest I’m getting to studying for my Psych test.

14. “OK” by Wallows

Girl in Headphones
Unsplash

Newest Wallows! 

15. “Hold You Now” by Vampire Weekend          

Strike three of missing my friends!

16. “Humming” by Turnover

“Carelessly you pass the hours humming songs you heard when you were young” is me trying to do homework in my childhood home. 

17. “People, I’ve Been Sad” by Christine and the Queens

Just wait until the French verse drops.

18. “Go To Town” by Doja Cat

The most underrated Doja Cat song.

19. “Groceries” by Mallrat

This song simply makes me feel better about getting groceries for my mom as a pastime. 

Here’s a link to the playlist on Spotify: 

Quarantine Essentials

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

School: Florida State University Year: Sophomore Majors: Editing, Writing & Media, Psychology
Her Campus at Florida State University.