yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Puppies and Pumpkins: Delta Nu Zeta’s Adorable Charity Event on Landis Green

Spooky season is upon us but there is nothing spooky about hanging out with some puppers! The ladies of the on-campus sorority, Delta Nu Zeta, put on this event every year on everyone’s favorite on-campus hangout spot: Landis Green. “Puppies and Pumpkins” is the major philanthropy event for the sorority, where they raise money by letting people have a photo shoot with and pet puppies for a small fee. Save the date and enjoy the (hopefully if we’re lucky enough to get a cold front) nice fall weather and all the puppies these ladies have to offer from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Oct. 30 and 31.

The ladies get to temporarily borrow the puppies over the course of the two days from the Companion Animal Rescue Endeavor, or C.A.R.E. All of the money they raise goes towards helping the shelter/animal hospital with anything they may need. And the best part? All of the puppies you have the pleasure of hanging out with are up for adoption! Take super cute pictures with doggos and meet your potential new best friend for life!

It’s post-midterms season so everyone is feeling a little fried and stressed out. What better way to de-stress and relax than petting pups? I’m pretty sure it’s a scientific fact that petting dogs reduces your stress levels by a decent amount. Don’t take my word for it though. Also, Talloweek will be coming to an end so just about everyone will be hungover. Cure those hangover blues with a lovely photo shoot. Or prepare yourself for Halloween night with some good puppy love. Either way, there is no way you aren’t going to be happy petting these precious little angels.   

The sisters of Delta Nu Zeta dedicate a lot of their time to working with the animal shelter by walking dogs, playing with cats, and putting on several fundraisers throughout the year to raise money. “Pumpkins and Puppies” is by far their biggest event, and it raises the most money for the animal shelter. The money they raise goes straight to the shelter that also doubles as an animal hospital. The money covers medical bills, food, toys, just about anything that benefits the health and happiness of the animals in their care. And don’t forget the puppies that will be there are up for adoption! If you’re stable and responsible enough to become a dog parent then consider adopting from C.A.R.E.

It only costs $2 per person to love on these sweet creatures! Make sure to come out to Landis Green to get your puppy-petting fill for the week, enjoy the nice weather Florida has to offer and help the ladies of Delta Nu Zeta raise money for Tallahassee’s animal shelter. 

*All images are courtesy of Delta Nu Zeta.

Her Campus at Florida State University.