Pros and Cons of Weekday Partying

It’s 7:30 on a Tuesday night when you get the group text update and when you pick up your phone. You know what’s coming. With one glance you see the almost unavoidable question of, “are you going out tonight?” Now, while on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays this text is an easy source of joy, when it comes to a weekday an internal debate develops. The debate grows into whether or not it is really worth going out when you have class the next morning. We know this is FSU, and going out on a weekday isn’t all that surprising, but even the strongest of students might need a pro and con list to decide.

Monday

Pro: Mandatory Makeout Mondays

Con: Mandatory Makeout Mondays

Mondays represent the ultimate dilemma, because in theory they sound like a good idea. It’s hard to pass up making the weekend a day longer, especially with dollar shots happening at Clydes & Costello’s. But there is always a cost because while “Mandatory Makeout Monday” seems all fun and games, it has a serious “ick” factor that’s hard to ignore.

Tuesday

Pro: It’s Tuesday!

Con: There are three more days of class left in the week.

Going out on Tuesday is like leaving Europe for the New World, it has all the opportunity of being fun and exciting, but it also can easily be the worst night of the week. Tuesday has all the positives you would want on a good night out, like shorter lines, room to breathe, and little-to-no freshman. Tuesday almost seems like a no- stress night. But as with all great things there is a downside: it’s only a Tuesday and you have three more days of classes to go.

Wednesday

Pro: Wine Down Wednesday

Con: White Trash Wednesday

Wine Down Wednesday can be the highlight of your week. What better way is there to class-up “hump day” than going downtown to drink wine in your best wedges? Wine Down brings a bit of sophistication that Tallahassee sometimes lacks. On the other hand Wednesday is infamous for the summer classic, White Trash Wednesday. While nobody can deny that White Trash is a good time, it just screams “regrets of freshman year.”

Thursday

Pro: Purgatory

Con: Your 8am you’ve already skipped twice.

If you ask most Florida State students, Thursday is the official start of the weekend, but for the unlucky few with Friday morning classes it may be the ultimate FOMO (fear of missing out) moment. What sane person would ever want to turn down $10 all you can drink? But as the week comes to a close, you realize that all of the homework you avoided by going out at the beginning of the week has caught up to you. And can you really skip your 8am three times in one week?

To those who don’t go out on weekdays we salute you for staying strong, but to those who go out every night of the week we can’t help but to admire you for your dedication.

Malory is an overachieving free spirit with a severe pasta addiction who is trying to change the world. Interest include human rights, coffee, and bad TV.Location: Underwater 
Her Campus at Florida State University.