Power Couple Chip and Joanna Gaines Announce New TV Network

Earlier this year, HGTV fans were disappointed to hear about the cancellation of the hit show, Fixer Upper, starring husband and wife, Chip and Joanna Gaines. This announcement in April left fans saddened and confused. Divorce rumors even started to circulate around the couple and parents of their now five children, they recently welcomed baby number five while on break from the TV screens in June.

However, have no fear HGTV-marathon-watchers, Chip and Joanna announced Friday on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, they will be starting their own TV Network. Yes, you read that right. A whole entire lifestyle and home network made with the same amount of love that they put into all the homes they flip. Variety reported that, “The deal is envisioned as being similar to the partnership Discovery has with Oprah Winfrey on OWN. We’re excited to share we are in the early stages of talking with Discovery about a lifestyle focused media network for Magnolia.”

Courtesy: Business Insider

Easy to say, fans are thrilled that the couple did not take their money and run so to speak. Their extremely successful show and business ventures could have been enough for the Gaines’, but lucky for their fans, that was not the end for them. Gaines told Fallon on Friday, “We learned a lot through the five-year process of being on Fixer Upper and I think some of the things that really caused us the most problems, we have concluded I think we can figure this out.” They also noted that they will do a lot of filming in Waco, Texas where their family lives. That should help their family stay in one place for longer periods of time without travel. Discovery, the other partner with HGTV on this project, stated that, “Discovery is thrilled to confirm that we are in exclusive talks with Chip and Joanna Gaines. The Gaines’ are exceptional people, true authentic storytellers and creative visionaries who will nourish millions of people with quality, family-friendly programming accessible on a 24/7 network and across all screens.” 

Courtesy: YouTube 

Chip was in his usual excited manner on the show. It is their classic banter and creative minds that have entertained fans for years. It is really comforting to know that the couple describes the new network to be more fitting to their family. They definitely prioritize their large family of seven. Their oldest being 13, and youngest having been born last June. Over the past year, they have been focusing on their family, marriage and taking a moment to breathe.

Courtesy: People Magazine

This is not the first new business venture for the couple, they also have a successful magazine, The Magnolia Journal, a line at Target called Hearth 7 Hand and a restaurant in Waco, Texas, Magnolia Table. As if that isn’t enough to keep the family busy, Joanna recently came out with a book titled Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave. Obviously, this new network is a big move for the couple, but we trust this TV family to do fantastic things. 

The return of Joanna and Chip will be exciting for all HGTV fans and fans of the couple. It’s a highly anticipated network and although not many details have been disclosed yet, it is safe to say the banter and amazing transformations from Fixer Upper have been missing from America’s TV screens. Their return will be great for all Magnolia lovers and those that will soon fall in love with them as they expand into this new platform.

Miami, FL 
Her Campus at Florida State University.