Ariana Grande has released her sixth studio album “Positions” and she has not disappointed. In this album, she explores themes of love, sex, fear and vulnerability.

As a Mocha Grande (a black Ariana stan) I am thrilled to be getting a new album from her. She helped salvage a part of 2020 with this release. I have never listened to an album from start to finish and genuinely liked every song until now. I have had this album on repeat for the past week and it continues to get better with every listen.

Track One: shut up

“My presence sweet and my aura bright…diamonds good for my appetite”

The opening track of the album. A very fun bop and cute way for Ariana to address her haters. It gives off Disney princess vibes with her harmonizing with the strings in the background.

Track Two: 34+35

“You’re such a dream come true true, make a b*tch wanna hit snooze oooo”

Her most sexually explicit song to date and I loved every second of it.

Track Three: motive (with Doja Cat)

“I could call bullshit out from a mile away… might have to curve you if you just can’t talk straight”

A dance track. This song needs to be played in a club setting. Doja Cat ate her verse up as usual.

Track Four: just like magic

“Good karma my aesthetic, keep my conscience clear that’s why I’m so magnetic”

This song radiates positive energy. You can’t listen to it and not be happy. I love that she made a song about manifestation and feel like she made this one just for me. This song is everything.

Track Five: off the table (with The Weeknd)

“Will I ever love the same way again… will I ever love somebody like the way I did you”

My absolute favorite song off the album and from her entire discography. This song is so beautiful. The heartbreaking lyrics accompanied by the killer production and her perfect harmonization with The Weeknd is what makes this song into a masterpiece.

Track Six: six thirty

“Down like six-thirty, down like sunsets, down like my head on your chest”

This song gets better with every listen.

Track Seven: safety net (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)

“I came to peace with my path, now you got me off track”

Such a relatable song about falling for someone and being terrified of what’s going to happen next.

Neon music for the people sign
Photo by Steve Harvey from Unsplash

Track Eight: my hair

“Spend my dimes and spend my time to keep it real, sometimes its tracks”

My extensions and I can relate to the lyrics above. She showcases the incredible range of her vocals by whistle note singing the chorus. Vocal perfection.

Track Nine: nasty

“Don’t want to wait on it tonight I wanna get nasty, what you waiting for”

A mood for Netflix and chill nights. This song is a vibe. Us stans have been waiting for this one ever since we heard the teaser back in March and she did not disappoint.

Track Ten: west side

“I’m gonna make you want more. I’m gonna be your new favorite”

Very short, but a nice little vibe nonetheless.

Track Eleven: love language

“You the medication when I’m feeling anxious, that’s the kind of sh*t I like”

This track gives off Broadway vibes. A completely different sound than anything she’s done. I’m loving her in this lower vocal range.

Track Twelve: positions

“I’ll be switching up positions for you”

As AjayII says on YouTube, “A song we know and a song we love.” Her first single from the album and her most recent number one on the ‘Billboard Hot 100’. As soon as I heard this song, I knew that this album was going to hit differently.

Track Thirteen: obvious

“I love the thought of you never leaving, days repeating”

ARIANA IS IN LOVE and I’m living for every moment of it. The most underrated song on the album. This song has slowly made its way into my top three off the album.

Track Fourteen: pov

“I wanna love me, the way that you love me, ooooo for all of my pretty and all of my ugly too, I’d love to see me from your point of view”

The best ballad of her career. This song is breathtakingly beautiful. The lyrics are so raw and real. This is an overall fan favorite, as it should be. She once again showcases her powerhouse vocals. I think this will go on to be one of her standout hits.

My Top Three:

off the table, 34+35, obvious

I can’t think of anywhere this album is lacking. The production is incredible. Her vocals on this album are the best that they’ve ever been. She is SINGING her behind off. Give her all the Grammy’s now.

My overall rating for this album is a 10/10!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and Pinterest!

My name is Nicole. I'm a junior at Florida State University. I enjoy listening to music, hanging out with my friends, eating Italian food and taking naps.
Her Campus at Florida State University.