On Mar. 9 and 10, Bachelor Nation all tuned in to watch the finale of Peter Weber’s season of The Bachelor. This season consisted of the usual girl drama and an indecisive leading man, but this season’s drama has reached a whole new level.

During the finale, it was revealed that Peter did get down on one knee in Australia. During the final rose ceremony, Hannah Ann Sluss remained the only contestant left because Madison Prewett voluntarily left a few days before the rose ceremony. Although he still had feelings for both women, Peter continued through with a proposal and engagement to Hannah Ann.

Through the next recap, it became clear that things quickly dissolved between the couple. Peter admitted during their engagement that he still was processing his breakup and lingering affections for Madison. According to Hannah Ann during the live show, she stood by him and wanted to help him work through his emotions. Despite her best efforts, Peter came to realize that he wasn’t over Madison and still wanted to be with her.

Hannah Ann, who had initially received the first impression rose the first night, was heartbroken. During their breakup, Hannah Ann told Peter, “You took away from me my first engagement. You took that away from me. Because I trusted you, and that is what you have continued to ask me to do: be patient with you, have faith in you, trust in you.”

Fans took to Twitter and Instagram praising Hannah Ann for calling Peter out during their breakup. At the live show, Hannah Ann made the comment that she was blindsided and that if she had known how Peter was truly feeling the proposal would have ended differently. Hannah Ann got the final word of the conversation, saying “So a word of advice: If you want to be with a woman, you have to become a real man.”

While they were hashing their issues out on stage, Peter’s mother, Barbara Weber, watched and clapped for Hannah Ann. After the “bring her home” speech was revealed to be about Hannah Ann during the first night of the finale, the one that got away was clearly Barbara’s favorite of the two finalists.

As a dramatic twist from Chris Harrison contacted Madison Prewett. In the recap clips, it was revealed that she regretted leaving Peter back in Australia and was still very much in love with him. Madison surprised him in Los Angeles and they confess their feelings for one another. Madison then came out on stage and greeted Peter after not seeing him for a month. Immediately, Barbara shows disinterest in Madison by rolling her eyes and cutting her off when she speaks. Peter’s parents bluntly admitted that they believe the pair will not work out and that Peter “will have to fail to succeed.”

At the end of the live finale, the newly announced bachelorette and Bachelor alumni Clare Crawley came out to formally introduce herself and express her excitement. About her past run-ins with love Crawley said, “It was just one of the greatest moments of my life to finally stand up there and say none of it was okay.”

Bachelor Nation can tune in to The Bachelorette when it airs May 18 at 8 PM EST on ABC.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Tatum is a Junior Editing, Writing and Media student at Florida State University. When she's not writing for Her Campus FSU, she's probably playing with dogs, scrolling through Instagram, or drinking an iced coffee.
Her Campus at Florida State University.