Grab your friends or your significant other to hold on to and come out to Phi Mu’s new annual fall philanthropy, Phi Mu Phright Night! Partnered with the best haunted house in town, Terror of Tallahassee, the sisters of Phi Mu are ready to kick off Halloween with two nights of fun, phright and festivity. The haunted house will be up and running starting October 19th through October 20th from 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Come out to 1408 Lake Bradford Road and see for yourself just how phrightening this night will be. Who doesn’t love a good scare around Halloween? All proceeds of this event will benefit Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. To gain more insight into Phi Mu Phright Night, I spoke with Kasey Lynch, a sister of the Phi Mu sorority.

Courtesy: Phi Mu Fraternity

Her Campus (HC): What made Phi Mu want to change their annual fall philanthropy?

Kasey Lynch (KL): Our fall philanthropy for the past few years has been fantasy football where the fraternities get a group of guys together to come to our house and pick their fantasy teams. We changed our philanthropy to include more opportunities for other people in Greek life and not in Greek life to come enjoy our philanthropy. Our philanthropy chair Nickie Anderson has been working her butt off to make this event possible. Our entire sorority is so proud of the work she has done, along with her assistant Elora Friar.

HC: What are you most looking forward to at this event?

KL: I am most looking forward to being in the haunted house. I volunteered to be one of the actors who has the opportunity to scare you when you are walking through the house and I am so excited. I, as well as the entirety of Phi Mu, want this philanthropy event to be something people talk about and look forward to each year. I know this event will be so much fun and an amazing way to raise money for Children’s Miracle Network!

HC: How have the participating sisters been preparing for this event?

KL: All of our sisters have been selling tickets for the event as well as helping build the maze for the haunted house. It has been a lot of work but with all of us together we can successfully make it happen.

HC: Tell me more about where the proceeds of this event will be going!

KL: All of the proceeds from the ticket sales will go to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals! This is Phi Mu’s national philanthropy and we all hold it near and dear to our hearts. The Phright Night will consist of the haunted house as well as booths that you can participate in and buy things at once you have completed the house. There will be things like corn hole, an Apple cider booth, a photo booth and a bake sale. All of the money made at the booths with also go to Children’s Miracle Network.

HC: Any tips for those easily frightened?

KL: For those who are easily frightened I recommend going through the house with a friend who doesn’t mind you squeezing their hand really hard. The house is super cool and Terror of Tallahassee has been putting on haunted houses for the past 17 years. The owner Kurt has graciously allowed us to use the house for October 19th and 20th.The house is frightening in the day time, but it is going to be a lot of fun to go through once it is all put together! 

Courtesy: Phi Mu Fraternity

Tickets can be purchased at the integration statue by the Phi Mu house on West Jefferson Street or from a sister for $10. On the day of the event, tickets will be $12 with an FSU ID and $15 for non-FSU students. For more event information, click here. Get ready for the Phright of your life!

Jordana is a recent graduate of The Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science in public relations. She aspires to work in public relations and digital media in New York City. She is well-versed in pop culture, social media management, press release writing and content creation. Originally from Coral Springs, Florida, Jordana enjoys writing, networking and spending time outdoors. On most days, you can find her researching industry trends, Tweeting and scavenging the internet for new music, ODESZA and Beyonce tunes to be specific. Stay in tune with her daily whereabouts via Twitter: @JordanaJudson.   
Editor-in-Chief, Her Campus FSU // Follow me @rachelepstein_