gaby and her friends
gaby and her friends
Photo by Brooke Dailey

Why Everyone Should Celebrate Their Friendiversaries

If you are anything like me, any holiday is an excuse to celebrate. Of course, you have your more traditional or more obvious holidays like birthdays and graduations where there isn’t any excuse NOT to go crazy. But there is one holiday in particular that I feel is too often overlooked. And for those of us that do celebrate this holiday, we are often made fun of by just about everyone else.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that if you and your friends celebrate the anniversary of your friendship, you are amongst the elite. Because this is something I am so very passionate about, here are some reasons why I believe every girl gang deserves to celebrate their Friendiversary.

an excuse to be extra

There are very few occasions in which it is acceptable to go all out. When you celebrate a friendiversary there are no limits. Maybe it means taking a trip back to the place where it all began and basking in the nostalgia it holds. Maybe it means getting all dressed up and taking pictures or going out for a nice meal. For us, it means maximizing our time together on that day. It isn’t so much about what we’re doing and more so about pulling out all the old inside jokes and laughing until we can’t anymore. And of course, to top it all off, our followers get to see our perfectly crafted friendiversary posts.

take time to slow down

gaby and her friends
Photo by Brooke Dailey

Finding your people is not always an easy task. It may take years to find people that you can truly call your best friends, but once you do, there is nothing quite like it. At certain times, life moves very fast and it becomes difficult to make time for the things you want to do. Just like with anything in life, if there’s a will, there’s a way and personally, I believe spending time with the people you love should always be at the top of that list. My best friends and I are in very busy seasons of our lives, and it is not always easy to see each other on a weekly basis, but we all know that when Nov. 3 rolls around, the only thing on the agenda is spending time together.

Be young

As college kids, it is so easy for us to get wrapped up in being an adult and stressing about our futures. I find it so important to take time to just have fun. We are only our young, hot selves once and we should take advantage of it while we can. Life is short and apparently, things like global pandemics happen, so don’t forget to just be a kid.

For those of you that have made it through the sappiness and to the end of this story, I hope that I have inspired you to hug your besties and thank them for being them. Macy Crum, Madeleine Moore and Reese May—I would not be the person I am today without you ladies and that is something I will never stop celebrating. Celebrate the little things. Celebrate friendship. Celebrate friendiversaries.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

HEY YALL!!! Thanks for popping in! My name is Gaby and I'm a junior at Florida State studying Public Health on a Pre-Med track. I'm a big fan of concerts, books, late drives to sonic, and the beach. Hope you like what you read!!!☻☻☻☻