Which Greek House “Bridgerton” Characters Would Be In: FSU Edition

Dearest readers, 

This writer has been nothing but taken by surprise by this season’s sizzling drama, stunning costumes and most importantly, its steaming romances. Last season, the ton saw the dashing duke make the ever-so-lovely match with Daphne Bridgerton. We also met the seemingly perfect Bridgerton family, who is named alphabetically from oldest to youngest. The new social season is upon us and has captivated many with a slow-burn, enemies-to-lovers arc that is nothing short of outstanding. 

We are graced again by the illustrious Bridgerton family, while we watch the Viscount find his happily ever after. After much discussion amongst the ton, I have compiled a list of which Greek fraternity at Florida State our favorite Bridgerton men would be in.

First, we have Mayfair’s most eligible bachelor of the season: Viscount Bridgerton.  

Anthony in the first season is seen as the stickler brother who is burdened by the pressure of carrying the family and denies love at every corner. However, things took a turn this season when, according to Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton, “This is the season the viscount intends to find a wife.” This change of heart is not due to his newfound need to find true love, but instead his obligation to continue his family line. His outlook on marriage is nothing more than a transactional arrangement and no such matter of the heart. He, in other words, is nothing more than a rake with a capital R and would not be swayed to change his ways. If the Duke of Hastings could get married, then could he? Without giving too much away to those who haven’t finished… let us just say there is a heart underneath that rake surface. 

So which fraternity would he be in?

The Viscount Bridgerton would be in Sigma Phi Epsilon. 

While he shows off this gentleman’s appearance on the outside, there is a lot more behind that exterior facade. He’s determined in his ways of finding a wife and carries himself with a certain suave that is hard to miss. Don’t let that dashing smile and those proper manners fool you.

Second, we have none other than one half of last season’s most splendid match: The Duke of Hastings.

We sadly do not get to see him this season, but let us hope he’ll make a special appearance in the next one. Last social season, we were greeted by a handsome and dashing Duke who, like his best friend the Viscount, has sworn off love. The only difference between the two was that Simon had sworn to never marry and in turn not sire a hire. The tables turned when the ton watched him become head over heels with the season’s incomparable: Miss Daphne Bridgerton. While their nuptials were quite quick, the word is his confession to the Queen moved her to tears. 

The Duke of Hastings would be in Theta Chi.

His arrival to London made quite a splash last season, with eager marriage-minded-misses and ambitious mamas lining up. While he presents a reserved front, his sense of humor is not lost. The Duke is kind in his ways but also upfront with his intentions. His defining stare and lure enchant every ballroom he enters, with him being in all ways completely swoon-worthy.

Thirdly, we have the artist of the Bridgerton men: Benedict Bridgerton.

Benedict Bridgerton is the second eldest Bridgerton sibling and son. He is dutiful in his ways, always in attendance at familiar gatherings and balls. You can see him saving his sisters from rather uncomfortable situations. His artistic pursuits have turned what was just a hobby into a passion. We see him last season start to explore this new pursuit by joining some artist clubs and making new acquaintances.

Benedict Bridgerton would be in Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji).

He longs for more outside the ton, looking into his love of art in hopes of finding his place. As the second in line for the Viscount title, he struggles to find his identity amongst the chaos. His humor and comedic relief are essential to his character. His personality and the Bridgerton charm are why he makes the best wingman, just ask Anthony. 

Lastly, we have the third in line to the Bridgerton name: Colin Bridgerton. 

While many confuse the Bridgerton brothers with their smoldering glances, Colin is the third eldest of the siblings. His natural charm and good nature make him a favorite in the ballroom and especially to the eager mamas of the ton. Last season, he was taken by a Miss Marina Thompson, who caught his eye from that first ball. They were seen to be a wonderful match, so it was no surprise that soon later, an engagement was announced. It was later revealed that Miss Thompson went into the engagement with selfish intentions, as she was with another man’s child. After the end of the last season, he took a sabbatical to travel the world, reaching as far as Albania. Many have said his journeys have been truly eye-opening for this brother, who has found many things, such as facial hair. This season he seemed to breeze through the crowds with as much allure as he left with.

Colin Bridgerton would be in Delta Chi.

Most would describe him as a wanderer, traveling the world with no real destination in sight. He is certainly easy on the eyes and his charming personality is sure to fixate the room. He tends to go head-first into the season usually ending up with more than he bargained for. While his sense of adventure stirs him to a new journey, he tends to look past what is right in front of him.

What do you think?

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on  Instagram,  Twitter,  TikTok,  YouTube and Pinterest!

Hi!! My name is Lauren Mayo and I am a Junior at Florida State University!! Go noles! I am majoring in Social Sciences and Media Communication Studies on the Pre-Law track