It’s a new season, which means new weather and new fashion trends. I want to start off with a reminder that personal style is a great way to express yourself and you shouldn’t buy an item just because it’s on-trend. I just think it’s fun and interesting to try to predict what the biggest trends of the season will be. I, for one, am ready for the warm weather, I’m a south Florida native so the cool season in Tallahassee was too much for me. I’ve missed my shorts!

Bright Green

The color of the fall was hot pink, but the color of spring 2022 will be a shade of bright green. Green will be the color of all different kinds of pieces: skirts, shoes and purses. Julie Sarana shows us in this aesthetic Instagram post.

The Preppy Look

This spring, the uniform look will be coming into style. I know the preppy look has been a favorite of many for years, but I think that we will soon see many girls channeling their inner Lexi Howard (my favorite Euphoria character). The popular brand Miu Miu is known for its cute and girly preppy sets. I know I love this look when it’s done right, if not it feels like a throwback to my Catholic school days. Maude Apatow herself rocked the look for a shoot with Interview Magazine.

Matching Sets

This was already a big trend in the fall but I believe we will see it slightly altered. While the fall was about oversized sweat sets for the colder weather, the spring will be about patterned smaller sets either as a small top and pants or as a small top with a matching miniskirt. And while in the fall we saw these sets as one color monochromatic looks, this spring we will be seeing patterns such as gingham, houndstooth and plaid. Claire Chiaromonte shows us how it’s done in a striped set look.

Crochet Clothes

Another big up-and-coming trend is crochet clothes. I’m sure we’ve all seen crochet accessories of all kinds, but I suspect we’ll soon be seeing an explosion of crochet tops, skirts and whole outfits. I personally love the crochet top vibes, but I like it better as an accessory to an outfit such as a purse or a hat. This adorable strawberry bag was created by @Iwillcrochet on Instagram.

Flowy and Flowery Dresses

For the spring and summer of 2022, we’re going to see some more flowy and flowery dresses. We are still seeing a resurgence of 70s fashion and the ‘glamorous hippie.’ I love this look, a flowery loose-fitting dress is so comfy but also looks so chic! As seen on Julie Sarinana from her Instagram.

The Formal Vibe

For a bit more of a formal vibe, but still comfortable, a colorful suit that matches or in pieces as just a jacket or trousers will be the look. To give it more of a street-style inspired edge, try it with a graphic t-shirt underneath.

There you have it: those are my biggest trend predictions for spring 2022. I don’t know about everyone else, but I am so ready for spring break.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Jenna is a freshman this year at FSU. This is her first year writing for Her Campus and she is very excited to join the team!