The first of October passed this week which means two things for me: spooky season and sweater weather! I come from South Florida where it rarely is cold enough for a sweater which means I am SO hype for some fall vibes. October has me so excited for my first real fall! This fall fashion is going to be all about comfortable chic. We’re going to have some trends that carry over from the summer but there are some new things headed our way. 

the sweater vest

One piece can give you two totally different looks: the sweater vest. This one has popped up a few times in the last year, but I predict that they’re going to explode soon. They’re versatile and comfortable. I even saw a few cute vests last week at Target! 

The sweater vest is going to be huge this fall. There are so many ways to style this piece, Alexa Chung wears it casual as its own top paired with jeans. 

Aimee Song wears this as a layered look with a button-down and a plaid skirt for a more formal vibe. 

boots

Boots are going to be a big trend this fall. Chrishelle Lim wears these cute smaller boots which we are already seeing a lot of, but knee-high boots and platform boots are also going to be big. We’ll be seeing them down here in Florida a bit closer to winter though, because it’s not quite cold enough here yet for boots, at least for me. To my queens wearing Doc Martens at Doak, baking their feet for the fit on game days, I see you!

oversized sweaters

Big comfy sweaters like this one worn by Danielle Bernstein are so cute. Especially bright multicolored ones like this! Brighten up your day and your look while staying warm on a chilly day, you may want to wear a tank top underneath because of the Florida weather.

denim sets

I know how some people feel about double denim. In an attempt to prove the naysayers wrong, check it out on Gala Gonzales! It can be worn casually with sneakers but add cute heels or boots and it can easily be worn out to dinner, totally depends on how you want to style it! The Canadian tuxedo is going to be all over soon. 

monochromatic sets

Wearing a matching sweats set is an easy and stylish look while still being comfortable. Aimee Song shows us how to rock a monochromatic set that is comfy chic. I for one am obsessed with my matching sweats sets, I get compliments all day around campus while feeling like I never changed out of my pajamas. 

pink/purple

You wouldn’t think of hot pink or purple as fall colors, but they are HOT this year! Pictured is Julie Sarinana in a hot pink sweater. Honor the goddess Elle Woods by showing up to your 8 a.m. in a hot pink sweater. Bright colors are going to continue into the fall and winter months saving us from our seasonal blues. 

There you have it; those are the biggest trends that you’ll be wearing this fall. Cheers to sweater weather!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Jenna is a freshman this year at FSU. This is her first year writing for Her Campus and she is very excited to join the team!