In the last few years, Hulu has been growing rapidly and slowly working its way up to becoming as popular as Netflix. The streaming platform contains a variety of different movies, some of which are my favorites of all time. These are my top 10 movies on Hulu right now: 

1. Interstellar (2014) 

Christopher Nolan undoubtedly created a complex but brilliant film, and it is one of my favorite movies ever created. The sci-fi film, starring Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway, takes place in a future where earth is dying and astronauts have to search the universe to find a new home. The film explores the concepts of space and time, touching the deepest parts of your mind and making you reflect on your own life. This powerful film is equally matched with its extraordinary soundtrack created by Hans Zimmer. This film is not one you are bound to forget. 

2. Nomadland (2020) 

After losing her husband, her job and her entire life, a woman lives out of her van as a nomad. This movie portrays the harsh and beautiful realities of real life. It is about making the most of what you have as well as helping and connecting with others. This film is so powerful and impactful that it won Best Picture this year. 

3. The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019) 

This movie is also one of my all-time favorites. It is a heart-warming story of a man with Down Syndrome escaping his mundane life in a nursing home to follow his dream. Along the way, he meets another lonely man and the two form an unlikely friendship. The film explores themes of adventure, freedom and connection. There wasn’t a minute of this movie that I did not enjoy. 

4. Inception (2010) 

Christopher Nolan created yet another masterpiece with this film. Leonardo DiCaprio stars as the thief that enters people’s dreams and steals secrets from their subconscious. He is ultimately tasked with planting an idea in someone’s head. Inception is action-packed, suspenseful and fascinating. This mind-boggling film makes you think well beyond the end of the movie. 

5. Joy (2015) 

Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper—an iconic duo—star in this inspiring true story of Joy Mangano’s life. The film portrays Joy becoming a woman and starting a business all on her own while enduring betrayal and heartbreak. This story is about hard work and patience—it is one I will never forget. It inspires me to become my best self despite the many obstacles that may come my way. 

6. The Social Network (2010) 

This true story about how Harvard student Mark Zuckerberg got his name as one of the youngest billionaires ever pleasantly surprised me. The storyline was intense and dramatic, as it detailed Zuckerberg’s personal and legal troubles he encountered while creating and growing his platform, Facebook. I was extremely impressed by the acting, particularly by Jesse Eisenberg, as he portrayed Zuckerberg perfectly. The writing and directing was also superb. 

7. Lucy (2014) 

This intense sci-fi film is filled with action and does not contain a boring moment. Scarlett Johansson is surgically implanted with powerful drugs that lead her to unlock an unused part of her brain, giving her superhuman abilities like telepathy and telekinesis. This is an interesting story about human potential and intelligence. It is truly an amazing concept to think about and very entertaining to watch. 

8. yes man (2008)

In this feel-good movie, negative-minded Jim Carrey attends a self-help seminar where he learns about the power of saying “yes.” From then on, he says “yes” to every opportunity that comes his way. He transforms himself, living up to his true potential. It is truly an inspiring and heart-warming film. 

9. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) 

Based on the bestselling novel, this murder mystery investigates a young girl’s disappearance from 40 years ago. It is an interesting combination of drama and thrill with extraordinary acting and character development. 

10. I, Tonya (2017) 

This interesting film depicts the true and tragic story of Tonya Harding, a professional figure skater involved in one of the biggest scandals in sports history. Harding grew up in an abusive home and ultimately found herself in an abusive relationship, but despite her hardships, she always had skating as an outlet. She became the first woman to do a triple axel during a competition and land it. Although her life was in shambles, her career was on the rise until she was blamed for an injury of a fellow competitor. Margot Robbie delivered a career-defining performance portraying Harding’s struggles, successes and emotions. 

Whether you are taking a study break, enjoying a chill night in or just craving a good movie, these movies will keep you entertained. So sit back, relax and enjoy! 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Ally Leomporra is junior in the advertising program at Florida State University. She is an avid traveler and loves trying new foods as well as experiencing new things!