Culture > Digital

Spooky Podcasts To Listen to This Halloween

As an avid podcast listener and horror fanatic, I am always seeking new podcasts to enjoy. Since Halloween is just around the corner, I want to share my favorite spooky podcasts to send chills up your spine this Halloween. These podcasts discuss triggering and graphic content. Consume at your own risk.

Murder With My Husband

Murder With My Husband is a true crime podcast by Payton Moreland and Garrett Moreland. Payton loves true crime, while her husband, Garrett, hates it and has no prior knowledge. She shares the terrifying true stories while her husband reacts. They post weekly and have over 130 episodes that average around 45 minutes long. During October, they decorate the studio and discuss Halloween-themed cases. If you love true crime, you will not want to miss this podcast. It is available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, YouTube and Stitcher.

The Nosleep Podcast

The Nosleep Podcast is a horror fiction podcast where the narrator tells horrifying tales that are not for the faint of heart. This one is for you if you want a podcast that will have you hiding under your blanket. With over 400 episodes, this podcast updates weekly, so another fright is always around the corner. The graphic content will have you facing your darkest fears. It is available on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Stitcher.

Last Podcast On The Left

Last Podcast on the Left is a true crime and comedy podcast hosted by Ben Kissel, Marcus Parks and Henry Zebrowski. These three share true crime and spooky stories and add a comedic twist. They discuss the paranormal and the despicable actions of the living. They upload weekly episodes about an hour long and each include a separate side story. This podcast is available on YouTube, Spotify, Stitcher and Apple Podcasts.

Mile Higher Podcast

Mile Higher is a true crime podcast hosted by YouTuber Kendall Rae and her husband, Josh Thomas. This husband-and-wife duo discusses crime and conspiracy that will have you questioning your safety. They have produced over 200 episodes and continue to update weekly with approximately one-hour-long episodes. You can find this podcast on YouTube, Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.

Lights Out Podcast

Lights Out is hosted by Josh Thomas from Mile Higher and discusses dark stories, cases and events. From hauntings to serial killers and aliens to demonic possessions, Josh covers terrifying content that will give you goosebumps. He uploads weekly and averages about 45 minutes per episode. You can find Lights Out on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Stitcher.

Are You Scared?

Are You Scared? is a podcast hosted by Ryan Bergara and Shane Madej from Watcher. Shane and Ryan rose to popularity from their hit YouTube series, Buzzfeed Unsolved. This popular duo tells creepy stories and adds in their famous comedic banter. There are only seven episodes and they no longer produce this podcast. However, with an average of 30 minutes per episode, you will want to binge this podcast from start to finish. You can find the uploads on YouTube, Spotify and Apple Podcasts.

MrBallen Podcast: Strange, Dark & Mysterious Stories

YouTuber MrBallen has brought his famous storytelling to the podcast format. MrBallen relays some truly eerie stories that will have you on the edge of your seat. With over 70 episodes averaging about 45 minutes per episode, this podcast will keep you entertained every week. You can find this podcast on Amazon Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, YouTube, Spotify and Stitcher.

Honorary Mention – Ghost Files

Although Ghost Files is not a podcast, I just had to include this Watcher series. Ryan Bergara and Shane Madej investigate haunted places and hunt the ghosts that are doing the haunting. With their classic charm and humor, this duo takes you with them as they explore the paranormal. So far, they have uploaded four episodes and will continue to upload weekly on YouTube.

Grab a hot pumpkin spice latte, your coziest blanket, favorite fall candle and dive in because these podcasts will not disappoint. Have a safe and spooky Talloween.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Katie Frey is a Florida State University student majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media (EWM) with a minor in Women's Studies. She loves reading, writing, playing video games, and watching movies. She loves animals and is a nacho connoisseur.