Sustainable Spring Style Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Sustainable Spring Style Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Reformation + Alyned Together
Style > Fashion

7 Trends I’m Dying to Style This Spring (Break)

Spring break is officially here! It’s time to retire those heavy jackets and long-sleeve tees and make way for tiny tops and jean shorts. Spring fashion is my favorite fashion; the trends that appear are always fun and fashionable without fail. But remember ladies, keep room for classic pieces too. Here are some trends I’m looking forward to styling this spring break and summer.

1. Platform sandals

As a 5’2” girl myself, I love being able to squeeze a little height out of my shoes without killing my feet in heels. Paired with a flowy maxi dress or a colorful mini skirt, platform sandals are the perfect statement shoe to add to your spring break fit! I’m literally running to my computer to buy the all-white ones in this TikTok.

2. Pearls

Pearls have resurfaced as the perfect addition to your everyday jewelry. I love the timeless look, and the ways you can accessorize pearls are endless. At least in my book, Harry Styles has definitely helped the pearl necklace renaissance. Pearls have become a new bridal trend this spring as well. I can’t wait to add pearls to my jewelry box this spring.

3. Colorful two-piece sets

This set from Aerie is absolutely to die for. This can double as a coverup for your trips to the beach or even a casual brunch outfit paired with a tiny top! The muted pastels of the springs of the past are long forgotten. Bold colors and patterns are in this spring and I’m living for it. I’m looking forward to wearing something like this as we transition into warmer weather.

4. mini skirts

Not going to lie, I’ve never been a skirt girl. I always shied away from wearing them with my high school uniform, always opting for the laughably long shorts instead. But, this trend has grown on me. The runway this spring had no shortage of mini skirts, and I loved seeing how they were styled. This is definitely the most ambitious trend on the list, but I can’t wait to push myself outside of my comfort zone styling this piece.

5. slip dresses

Ava Jules is my favorite content creator and my fashion inspiration. She never puts together a bad fit! I love the slip dress trend; it is so effortless. These dresses are so easy to dress up or dress down depending on where you’re going. Paired with some platform sandals, you’ve got the perfect beachside dinner outfit, or with some sneakers and you’re ready to shop till you drop. I’ll definitely be getting a lot of wear out of my dresses this spring!

6. knits and crochet bags

This is a trend you’re going to see transition into the summer as well. A knit bag is the perfect accessory to a beachy fit or just a summer outfit in general. The never-ending color choices definitely tie into the overarching trend of bold colors for your spring wardrobe. Check out small businesses on Etsy to add a beautiful crochet bag to your spring and summer purse rotation.

7. patterned bikinis

Who doesn’t love a fun, vibrant swimsuit? The Y2K influence is definitely seen here and in many of the other trends on this list. Brands are going all out to bring their consumers Insta-worthy bikinis. This is definitely my favorite trend on the list. I also can’t get over the wrap that comes with it; I’m obsessed!

I’m so excited to wear and style these pieces and I hope you found some inspiration for your own spring break fits!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

a senior at Florida State University majoring in Sport Management. she loves watching movies, listening to music, and binge-watching theme park vlogs. on Sunday mornings, you can find her watching the latest Formula 1 race.