Romantic comedies: my favorite kind of movies. I love watching a cute story about people that find their way through misunderstandings to end up together. I just want to turn my brain off for an hour and a half. If you also love rom-coms, here are some that you might not have seen yet.

When Harry Met Sally

This is the movie that inspired this article. Over the summer, I was scrolling through Netflix and my mom spotted this movie. She told me I had to watch it and honestly I wasn’t sure I’d like it. An hour and a half later, I’d been converted. This movie is a perfect fall movie but it’s comforting any time of year. This is a movie that poses the question, “Can men and women ever be truly just friends?” Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal have amazing chemistry that makes it so fun to watch them slowly fall in love over the course of 12 years. This movie also has really cute interviews with old couples that have been together for a long time sprinkled throughout.

Fever Pitch

I watched this while sick over the summer and was fully expecting it to be terrible. Drew Barrymore is a stressed businesswoman and Jimmy Fallon is a funny elementary school teacher. They have a sweet start to their relationship, but of course, it’s not a rom-com without a conflict. Theirs is that Jimmy Fallon is an obsessive Red Socks fan.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

This is one of my favorite romantic comedies because the main character goes through a whole makeover transformation before she falls in love with the guy. A young woman feels stuck working at her parents’ restaurant, so she enrolls in college classes and works on herself. Something really cool about this movie is that it was written by the star Nia Vardalos. 

You’ve Got Mail

This is another classic Meg Ryan movie. She and Tom Hanks fall in love over online messaging without knowing they hate each other in real life. She runs a small bookshop and he is expanding a chain of a large bookseller. The fall and winter in New York City vibes in this movie are immaculate. The girls who enjoy an enemies-to-lovers romance will love this.

The Big Sick

This is not much of a throwback as it was released in 2017, but I just had to include it because I feel like not enough people have seen this movie. Kumail Nanjiani and Zoe Kazan star in this charming movie that is surprisingly based on the true story of Nanjiani and his now wife Emily. At the very beginning of their relationship, Emily has a rare health emergency and ends up in a coma. The movie follows Kumail spending a week looking over her in the hospital with her family. It is a very awkward way to meet your girlfriend’s parents for the first time. 

There you have it. This is not a full list of all of my favorite rom-coms (that’s in the notes app on my phone, please reach out to me if you want it). I highly recommend watching any of these as a pick-me-up on a day that you’re feeling down.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

Jenna is a freshman this year at FSU. This is her first year writing for Her Campus and she is very excited to join the team!