My Top Five “Red (Taylor’s Version)” Songs

Picking between my favorite Taylor songs makes me feel like I’m picking between my children, but let’s be real—people have favorite children even if they love all of them. Here are mine!

5. “Stay, Stay, Stay (Taylor’s Version)”

I am obsessed with the beat of this song and want nothing more than to find the happiness it exudes! This song encompasses the idea that everyone in your life has found a reason to leave you, but you finally found the one person who’s learned to endure the little things and stick around longer than most.

Favorite Lyric: “All those times that you didn’t leave / It’s been occurring to me / I’d like to hang out with you / For my whole life

4. “Better Man (Taylor’s Version)”

“Better Man” is number four on this list but number one on my singing in the shower playlist. I’m so happy to finally have a full version of Taylor singing this song, it’s honestly become one of my favorite songs in her entire discography. This song talks about walking away from a relationship that meant so much to you while knowing it was in your best interest to leave, wishing with all your heart that your partner would have been a “Better Man.”

Favorite Lyric: “And it’s always on your terms / I waited on every careless word / Hoping they might turn sweet again

3. “Come Back…Be Here (Taylor’s Version)”

I’m going to be honest; I had never even heard this song until this past year. I always thought the title of the song sounded like something I couldn’t handle, so I decided for years to not put myself through it. But then I did. And thank GOODNESS I did because this has become one of my favorite songs ever. The pain in these lyrics and melody makes me want to scream this song in my room at the top of my lungs!

Favorite Lyric: “I told myself, ‘Don’t get attached’ / But in my mind, I play it back / Spinning faster than the plane that took you

2. “Run (feat. Ed Sheeran) (Taylor’s Version) (From The Vault)”

The only thing I don’t like about this song is the fact that Taylor chose to keep it from us for this long! Everything about this song is beautiful—it perfectly captures the idea of a teen romance and the concept of “no one understands except for us.” I will be listening to this song on repeat for the next couple of weeks!

Favorite Lyric: “This thing was a shot in the dark / Say you’ll never let ‘em tear us apart

1. “All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (From The Vault)”

Are we surprised this one is at number one? I didn’t think so! “All Too Well” has been my favorite song since Red (2012) came out. It’s so emotional and raw, really portraying the painful feeling Taylor experienced when writing the song. I thought this song couldn’t get any better. In fact, I was nervous that a ten-minute version would be overkill and take the magic away from the song. Thankfully, I was wrong. The way this song flows, the production of it, the maturity in her voice and the genius lyrics make this one of the best things my ears have ever experienced.

Favorite Lyric(s): “You call me up again just to break me like a promise / So casually cruel in the name of being honest”

“You kept me like a secret / but I kept you like an oath.”

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

My name is Paola Gonzalez, I’m a senior at FSU majoring in Political Science and Psychology. Some things i am passionate about is racial justice, acceptance, mental health awareness and political involvement! :)