As a lover of sweet treats and baking, I could give an endless list of little sweets I enjoy. As October begins and it starts to feel like fall, I have some of my favorite fall treats in mind to bake and enjoy this autumn. 

From the iconic Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) from Starbucks to all desserts with pumpkin, there are endless fall-themed treats to enjoy this season. I have formed a list of my favorite fall sweets that I want to enjoy this season. 

Pumpkin and Apple Pie

Classic fall desserts are pumpkin and apple pie, and I don’t think I can choose a favorite of the two. When I think of eating these famous Thanksgiving desserts, I also think of the autumn season. Although Thanksgiving isn’t for a while, pumpkin and apple pie have to make this list because they are classic fall desserts that I love. I think baking a pumpkin or apple pie is a fall activity that I don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving for, and I have it on my bucket list for this fall. 

Halloween Cookies

When I say “Halloween cookies,” I have a specific type of cookie in mind: the Pillsbury sugar cookies that come in ghost and pumpkin shapes. Recently, a trend online has been to bake chocolate chip cookie dough and add the Pillsbury sugar cookies on top, so I had to try this. This dessert is so easy to bake, as the cookie dough and Pillsbury sugar cookies come ready to bake. My roommate and I were able to bake these Halloween cookies in our dorm kitchen, and they turned out amazing. 

Apple Cider

Any recipe that includes apples is one that I most likely associate with the fall season. Drinking a crisp apple cider is a fall tradition, and many people serve this drink for Halloween and Thanksgiving. Apples are in season during autumn, so it’s no wonder that many people, including myself, associate apple-picking and apple recipes with the fall. A great way to romanticize the fall and get in the spirit is to drink an apple cider (or eat another treat that has apples in its recipe).  

Scary Specials from the Frother’s Daughter

The Frother’s Daughter is a pop-up coffee shop that rolls the streets of Tallahassee and serves coffee, drinks, and bakery items. In October, they will serve new Scary Specials with festive appearances. One Scary Special is their Crystal Ball drink, which, according to the truck’s Instagram, is a “white mocha, mocha, and caramel cold brew with a cookie dough foam, white mocha drizzle, and mystic purple sprinkles.”

Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon rolls are a delicious treat, but to add a little flair to them, I make pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls. This sweet is both delicious and gives me a fall vibe when I eat them that I don’t get from regular cinnamon rolls. Popping cinnamon rolls with a little pumpkin spice flavor in the oven creates a cozy aroma and is a great treat that can be eaten as a breakfast or dessert. 

Eating a Pillsbury ghost-shaped sugar cookie or drinking a warm apple cider while snuggled in a blanket or cozy sweater is one way I like to romanticize the fall season and have a little treat. 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Abigail Botsford is a freshman at FSU majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media with a minor in Communication. This is her second semester in Her Campus and she is on Media Staff. Outside of Her Campus, Abigail is involved in the honors program, Best Buddies, and FSU's Kappa Kappa Gamma chapter. In her free time, Abigail enjoys going to the beach, reading, and spending time with friends.