On my weekly scroll of TikTok, I stumbled on @atipotter and her super accurate Harry Potter outfit ideas. I instantly loved her content and her style as it represented the exact wardrobe pieces a costume designer on the set of the movies would choose for the actors. With Harry Potter on HBO Max taking the world by storm, I knew that I had to make my own wardrobe as if I studied at Hogwarts in the fall season.

Funky Pants That Scream ‘90s

The first thing I notice in any Harry Potter-inspired outfit is that bottoms are key. Most people tend to gravitate towards low-rise bell bottoms, which are definitely coming back into style. Low-rise can be a hit or miss, but in Harry Potter, it’s a total win. I found these at PacSun, along with a nice lime-green pair if you want more of that Luna Lovegood look.

If the low-rise look isn’t too appealing, I think corduroy pants are the next best thing, plus anything corduroy is a fall staple. My favorite and most diverse pair I found were these from Nasty Gal. They come in several different colors that can match any outfit and make it pop.

Cardigans!

Recently, cardigans have come back in style and become a closet staple. I’m pretty sure everyone has a cardigan in their closet by now, and let me tell you they are the easiest go-tos when you don’t know what to add to your outfit. In the fall season, it does get a little chilly and cardigans give off that “I’m studying in the Hogwarts library” vibe. I personally love shopping for cardigans from Verge Girl. Although a little pricey, they always have unique styles and great sales. American Eagle always has simple but cute cardigans that work with any fall outfit. I found this one at American Eagle, and it looks like it belongs to a Gryffindor. If you want something on the more simple side, this cardigan from Cotton On is longer and more neutral.

The good thing about cardigans is that they can be pretty much found anywhere. I’ve seen some cute cardigans and jackets while thrifting here in Tallahassee, especially some that look like they belong in the Harry Potter universe.

Accio Accessories!

This fall I’ve been super into wearing tights with skirts, dresses and even shorts. It distinctly reminds me of Rachel Green from Friends but that’s beside the point. I love pairing my outfits with some black tights that are plain or have polka-dots. These from H&M are simple and they also sell tights with other designs like hearts, rhinestones, you name it. I also love pairing colorful tights to make an outfit pop, especially some navy tights under a neutral outfit.

Besides tights, hats are a great way to give off that fall look. Conductor hats are comfortable, and anyone can pull them off (take it from me, someone who didn’t wear hats until now). My go-to is a navy conductor hat, but I found this one from Francesca’s that comes in both beige and black. We can all agree this is the perfect “traveling to Hogwarts” hat to add to your wardrobe.

I’m so excited to put together fall outfits and the Harry Potter content has served as amazing inspiration. I can’t wait to see everyone’s take on the fall Harry Potter look this season!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

¡Hola! I'm Kate, an aspiring illustrator and designer and a senior at FSU (go 'noles) studying Advertising and Studio Art. I was born and raised in sunny Miami and am a proud Latina. In my free time, you can find me doodling and designing while listening to oldies. I'm an avid Vogue Magazine reader, fervent designer, and keen stylist. I am so excited to share my HC journey! Reach out to me on Instagram @kate_fernandezz ☻