Let’s Talk Birthday Freebies: Tally Edition

With my birthday coming up in a couple of months, I naturally started thinking about all the little birthday freebies I could get from some of my favorite spots around Tally. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos on TikTok where people go their whole birthday without paying a single dollar, well how are they doing this? They’re running around town collecting all the birthday promo deals restaurants and shops have to offer. So, while not conclusive, here is a list of some of my favorite spots around near FSU that offer some birthday goodies. Enjoy and happy birthday-ing!

Style

Aveda

2020 W Pensacola St. Suite 290, Tallahassee, FL 32304

Sign up to become a member and at participating locations get a FREE 30 mL aromatic nourishing composition oil.

Old Navy

Governors Marketplace, 1564 Governors Square Blvd, Tallahassee, FL 32301

Sign up for Old Navy’s email newsletters and get a FREE surprise.

Sephora

Governors Square Mall: 1500 Apalachee Pkwy Space #1245, Tallahassee, FL 32301

Sign up for Beauty Insiders and get a complimentary gift: FREE Olaplex, Laura Mercier or Tatcha gift set!

Sometimes we just need to treat ourselves to some sweet treats that maybe we wouldn’t normally pay for but if someone offered us a freebie we’re all over it. So for those of you with a sweet tooth like mine, here are some places to check out for your special day.

Sweet Treats

Atlanta Bread Company

1504 Governors Square Blvd, Tallahassee, FL 32301

Join the Atlanta Bread Company VIP eCLub and get a FREE cookie.

Cold Stone Creamery

1444 W Tennessee St #2, Tallahassee, FL 32304

Join the Cold Stone email club for a FREE ice cream on your birthday PLUS mix-ins.

Dairy Queen

2227 N Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32303

Join the fan club and get a FREE birthday blizzard or a royal blizzard treat.

Krispy Kreme

1300 E Park Ave, Tallahassee, FL 32301

Join the Friends of Krispy Kreme eClub and get a FREE doughnut and coffee on your birthday!

Outback Steakhouse

1820 Raymond Diehl Rd, Tallahassee, FL 32308

Join the Outback rewards program for a FREE dessert on your birthday.

4Rivers Smokehouse

1817 Thomasville Rd #100, Tallahassee, FL 32303

Sign up for the Pitmaster Loyalty Club and get a free treat from their Sweet Shop. These include cupcakes, brownies, slices of cake, cookies, or a scoop of ice cream!

Some of my other fav sweet treats include the pizookie at BJ’s, the waffle cone at Bruster’s, the box of chocolate-covered strawberries at the Melting Pot, and of course the bundlet cake at Nothing Bundt Cakes. Plus you can’t forget the cookie at Crumbl, the slice of Yaya’s cake at Zoe’s Kitchen, the cup of froyo at Sweet Frog, and the free pastry at Panera Bread!

But after having birthday cake for breakfast and more sweet things than even your sweet tooth can handle, sometimes you just need some savory snacks.

Savory Treats

IHOP

2225 N Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32303

Join IHOP’s Pancake Revolution Birthday club and get a FREE meal just for signing up, on the one-year anniversary of joining AND on your birthday!

Denny’s

2690 N Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32303

Join the Denny’s rewards club for a FREE Grand Slam on your birthday. The Grand Slam includes two eggs, two pancakes, two sausage links, AND two slices of bacon. Yum!

Moe’s Southwest Grill

1444 W Tennessee St, Tallahassee, FL 32304

Join the Moe’s eClub and get a FREE birthday burrito!

Bruegger’s Bagels

1216 N Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32303

Hop on over for a FREE bagel with cream cheese!

Some more notable savory faves are the free egg sandwich at Einstein Bros, the free Bo-Berry biscuit at Bojangles, the free pretzel at Auntie Anne’s, and the free waffle at Waffle House! If you don’t have much time and you need food ASAP, try the free value basket meal at Culvers, the free burger at Whataburger, or the free nibbler at Zaxby’s. And if you’re craving barbeque grab a free BBQ sandwich at Mission BBQ, a free big deal meal at Sonny’s or a free side of ribs at Texas Roadhouse! Did I mention free?

But what about when you want a more balanced treat? Sweet and savory… yes, please! Here are some of my faves that offer a perfect blend of freebies!

Chili’s

5730 Thomasville Rd, Tallahassee, FL 32312

Sign up for the Chili’s email list and you’ll get a FREE order of chips and your choice of salsa, guacamole or queso just for joining AND on your birthday you can get a brownie sundae!

Red Lobster

2583 N Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32303

Your choice of FREE soup, dessert or shrimp cocktail!

Applebee’s

1355 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32301

Sign up for Club Applebee’s and you’ll get a coupon for a FREE appetizer AND dessert

Okay, but what about when you’re not super hungry but really just need to quench your thirst? These places offer free birthday drinks for you to grab before hitting all the other places around town!

Drinks

Starbucks

1703 W Tennessee St, Tallahassee, FL 32304

Join the Starbucks rewards club for a FREE birthday drink!

Cinnabon

Governor’s Square Mall: 1500 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32301

Head over to the mall and grab a FREE 16 oz cold brew drink while you browse the shops.

Dunkin

1955 W Pensacola St, Tallahassee, FL 32304

Grab one FREE hot or cold beverage… any kind!

And last but not least! Your birthday isn’t the only day that deserves a little commotion… your pets have birthdays too! Head on over to Petco for a free bag of treats for your pet’s birthday. Isn’t that just adorable?

Everyone deserves a little treat on their birthday and who can turn down free food? Stop in at any of these Tally locations for a little birthday treat next time your special day rolls around… I know I will be!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hey, I'm Chloe and I'm a senior at Florida State! I'm a staff writer at HerCampus FSU and a fun fact about me is that I'm also a certified lifeguard! I love hammocking and reading outside and I'm always down to go for a swim!