Style > Fashion

Here’s Your Last-Minute Thanksgiving Dinner Outfit Inspo

Everyone’s Thanksgiving may look a little different when it comes to dress code. Some families go full-out on gameday to support their team, some keep it super casual and stay in, while others attend events/gatherings and require more formal attire. Personally, my Thanksgiving is never much more than six people, but that doesn’t mean I won’t take any chance to dress up. Here are some of this fall’s biggest trends if you need a little inspiration to come up with the perfect dinner outfit for turkey day. Be prepared to have all the relatives tell you how stylish you have become in college.

The Classic

We know it, we love it. You can never go wrong with a cozy sweater/turtleneck/long sleeve and a fall-toned mini skirt. Pair it with some knee-high boots for the whole look. Neutrals are all the rave right now, so maybe try mixing and matching with brown pallets.

Corduroy

Another obsession as of late is corduroy, specifically in brown/orange/red/tan tones. Consider adding it to your fit as a jacket for a more casual look or with some corduroy pants and boots.

Brown Faux Leather

Edgy girl autumn has arrived. A brown leather jacket can bring any outfit up a notch and can be paired with any pants, jeans, skirts or dresses. Shown above is, again, a mix of neutral shades but can also accentuate a bright-colored top or dress if you so wish.

Return of the sweater vest

The sweater vest is officially back, and we are here for it. No matter how you style this, it just screams fall. Put it over a long sleeve or turtleneck with matching pants or a skirt for the perfect easy dinner fit.

A headband moment

Possibly one of the more controversial new trends, headbands aren’t for everyone. However, I love the look and think it just adds a little something to a nice fall outfit. Pick a color that matches or accentuates an article of clothing for a classic look. If you want it to act more as a statement piece, pick a color that opposes your hair color and make it really stand out.

Cozy sweater dress

If you’re traveling somewhere a bit cooler, bundle up in a nice thick and baggy sweater dress. Creme-colored sweaters are especially popular this season and can be matched with low or high boots or even some tights. If you want to add a little something extra, try adding a white collared button-up underneath for a touch of class.

The Midi-Skirt

Some go casual on the holiday, and there are plenty of wonderful ways to style jeans. However, if you are not that someone and will find any excuse to dress up your outfit a little more, enter the midi-skirt. These super-flattering skirts pair easily with any sweater, top, jacket or cardigan. Specifically, silk skirts are all over this season and are sure to turn heads.

Shackets and teddy coats

Finally, if you’re looking for an alternative to the basic sweater or cardigan, add one of these stylish cover-ups. Shackets (shirt-like, button-up, usually plaid jackets) are quite possibly one of my favorite fall staples and look great over any top or tank or even over a sweater or turtleneck. Another option is the uber-cozy and cuddly teddy jacket. The fluffy material is like wearing PJs to dinner, but in style.

I hope you were inspired to showcase your own personal style this holiday season. I’m wishing you wonderful quality time with those you love. Happy feasting!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hi!! I am a sophomore exercise physiology major here at FSU originally from Cody, Wyoming! I am a dancer and fitness instructor and throughly enjoy all things travel, health, wellness, beauty, music, and food. I am so excited for my first year at Her Campus! Hope you enjoy! :)