Style > Fashion

Everything You Need in Your Closet for This Fall!

As the trees start changing and the fall breeze kicks in, we now have to dress according to the season. As a south Florida native, I never had to embrace fall because the weather never dropped below 80 degrees. However, in Tallahassee, I needed to make some adjustments. Here’s how I got my closet ready for the fall season!

turtlenecks

Turtlenecks are truly a wardrobe staple—you can pair them with anything from skirts to jeans to trousers. It’s the perfect thing to wear that will keep you warm and is the perfect layering piece. You can wear a turtleneck by itself or under leather jackets, coats, cardigans or even sweaters. The best part of turtlenecks is that they come in so many styles and colors; you can definitely find one that will match your personality.

trench coats

Trench coats are a fall staple as well as a wardrobe staple. A good trench coat can last you years and can be thrown over so many different colors and types of outfits. Trench coats can be layered on sweaters, cardigans, turtlenecks and even hoodies. If you do not know which color to choose, opting for a brown or beige trench coat is the most versatile choice as this can be worn over dresses with heels, trousers, boots or jeans and sneakers. 

sweaters

Do I even have to explain this one? A warm sweater for fall is actually life-changing, whether it is oversized, cropped, furry or fuzzy; because sweaters come in so many variations, they are a year-round wardrobe essential. In the fall, they can be worn on their own over turtlenecks, button-down shirts and even underneath coats.

cardigans

Cardigans are the perfect item to have during the fall, especially for the days when it is cooler in the morning than it is during the afternoon. As soon as it gets warmer, you can take it off! Autumn is truly the season for layering and gives you the chance to play with colors, textures and silhouettes. Cardigans can be paired with sweaters, crop tops and turtlenecks. Like sweaters, cardigans come in many different styles so you can find one that matches your style. 

ankle boots

The ultimate fall shoes! If there is anything you get from this list, let ankle booties be one of them. They come in so many styles from suede, leather or croc, you can easily pair these boots with any of these fall essentials. From skirts to jeans to trousers, paired with your favorite trench coat, ankle boots scream you are ready for fall. Ankle boots also never go out of style—a good pair can be a staple you pull out every year.

These are the few items I picked up to prepare myself for this fall, and not only have I been impeccably stylish, but I have been warm as well. With these fall staples, you can vamp up your fall wardrobe with pieces that you can re-wear and will last you a very long time!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Ananda York is a Floridian writer of Jamaican descent. She loves Fashion, Beauty, Social Media, and Entrepreneurship and is currently coming up with a way to combine all of those into a major.