Spring break is right around the corner, and for most college students (myself included), that means leaving your college town and flocking to the beaches. I’m lucky that my hometown is an easy 30-minute drive from the beach, but for many college students, spending spring break at the beach is big deal. What better time to add a few new pieces to your closet before going on vacation? Nothing beats a fresh tan and a cute new outfit.

If I had an unlimited amount of money to spend on clothing for spring break, here’s what I would spend it on.

Bikinis

Is it really spring break without wearing a bikini or two? I’m absolutely obsessed with this one from Kulani Kinis. They have such cute patterns that are a perfect addition to any girl’s current bikini collection. These bikinis also prove to be incredibly Insta-worthy. It’s a little too late for me to order one now, but best believe you’ll see this bikini on my feed soon. In an ideal world, I’d have every bikini in every pattern, but I’ll stick with this one for now. 

The Coastal Granddaughter Aesthetic

If you’ve been on TikTok during the summer months, then you know about the coastal granddaughter aesthetic. This fashion trend makes the rounds nearly every summer and glamorizes beachside life and fashion. As a former coastal granddaughter, it’s hard for my closet not to look like this year-round. I love relaxed clothing with beachy blues, greys and tans. But, coastal granddaughter also has tiny beach tops and cute coverups, which are perfect for spring break. I need absolutely everything in this TikTok. I’ll definitely be channeling my inner coastal granddaughter this spring break.

It’s Not an Outfit Without Accessories

Straw hats, large sunglasses and a beach bag are essential accessories for a spring break trip spent by the beach. I’m not a straw-hat kind of girl, so my ideal wardrobe consists of a lot of dad hats and caps for the perfect spring break trip. I’m also obsessed with wearing and stacking my jewelry pieces whenever I’m at the beach or on vacation. Not only does it make me feel put together, but I love adding jewelry to spice up any outfit no matter how simple or basic it may be. Jewelry is hands down my favorite accessory.

Sets, Sets, and More Sets

Matching sets have become increasingly popular within the past few months and I’m guilty of falling victim to the trend. Some of the sets I’ve seen are just too cute to pass up. I’d love to have a set for each day of the week that I could just throw on and head to class. For vacation, however, nothing beats pieces with multiple functions. The set in this TikTok is incredible. I love the color and it can double as a cute going-out outfit in a beach town or it could be thrown over your newest bikini as a coverup. This is something I’d be reaching for a lot in my ideal spring break wardrobe.

I’m so excited to wear and style these pieces and I hope you found some inspiration for your spring break fits!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

a senior at Florida State University majoring in Sport Management. she loves watching movies, listening to music, and binge-watching theme park vlogs. on Sunday mornings, you can find her watching the latest Formula 1 race.