“I don’t like Blue’s Clues,” said no one EVER. So, when Steve Burns, former Blue’s Clues star, released a heartwarming video dedicated to his fans on the iconic shows 25th anniversary, fans were in tears. In the video released on Sep.7, Burns issued a public apology for what fans believed was an abrupt departure. Despite handing off the show to his brother, supporters had no idea why and were quite shocked.

FSU Junior Madison Riccio explained that although she was young, she was saddened when Blue’s Clues ended and was shocked; stating “I loved watching it when I was little, that’s why it really hurt when it ended.” Millions of fans agreed with Riccio, taking to platforms like Twitter, Facebook and even TikTok to talk about how his message impacted them.

What began was a frenzy on social media, touching the hearts of millions as fans adamantly explained on social platforms that they will never forget Blue’s Clues. “Blue’s Clues was my favorite show growing up, so when it ended I didn’t know what to do. I was sad for a long time but when I woke up and saw that video it brought back a lot of positive memories,” said Florida International University student Gabriela Alvarez.

Speaking directly to his fans, Burns told people watching the video, “You remember how, when we were younger, we used to run around, and hang out with Blue, and find clues, and talk to Mr. Salt, and freak out about the mail, and do all this fun stuff. And then one day I was like, ‘Oh hey, guess what, big news, I’m leaving. This is my brother Joe, he’s your new best friend.’ And then I got on a bus and I left, and we didn’t see each other for like a really long time?” After a pause, he continued by adding that he went to college, as the generation that grew up watching him is doing right now and he hopes they understand.

Although fans were disheartened by his departure, they were pleasantly surprised when they saw the video. FSU student Jason Gorelick stated, “When I woke up Tuesday morning, that was the first thing I saw and it brought me so much joy.” Gorelick explained that he grew up watching Blue’s Clues when he was younger and enjoyed it, so when Burns released that video it brought back a lot of nostalgia. Burns told his previous supporters that he is grateful for their love and success the show has brought him.

Some fans were in tears and others were still notably angry at his departure. Videos were posted to Tik Tok stating that the new video was nice but that does not excuse him just getting up and leaving one day. However, there was an overwhelming sense of joy from fans when he released the video in his old Blue’s Clues attire.

Burns wished his fans well and thanked them, stating that he will never forget the generation that lead him to his success, “ever.”

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hello! I am a Junior at FSU and this is my first time in Her Campus. I am really excited to write and be a part of a large girl group; I am excited to see what the semester has in store!