Have you just finished watching a great series and need a new show to fill the void? Are you too tired to sift through the thousands of series located on popular streaming services? If so, you’ve stumbled across the right person! Keep up with the themed articles I write for new and exciting streaming series to expand your horizon and watch shows you’ve never heard of before!

The theme of this article will explore fun summer shows. Whether you’re watching these series while enjoying a relaxing break or in between summer courses or a job, these shows will provide a much-needed escape from reality. From high school thrillers to high-class vacationers, you’re bound to find at least one of these beachy, carefree shows that will appeal to you.

Cruel Summer

Rotten Tomatoes score: 94 percent critic rating, 77 percent audience rating

Number of episodes and seasons: 10 episodes, one season

Renewed: Season two will be released on June 5.

For anyone who loves mysteries and plot twists, Cruel Summer is the show for you! Taking place over the course of three summers, the story follows teenager Jeanette Turner (Chiara Aurelia) as she navigates her lonely high school years. During this period, however, she and the whole community are shocked by the disappearance of the most popular girl—Kate Wallis (Olivia Holt)—from their small town in Texas. In the months following, Jeanette’s whole persona changes from the quiet girl to the most well-known person in the community. What could she be hiding? Find out by streaming Cruel Summer on Hulu!

Daisy Jones and the Six

Rotten Tomatoes score: 69 percent critic rating, 82 percent audience rating

Renewed: The show was released as a limited series.

Based on Taylor Jenkins Reid’s bestselling novel of the same name, Daisy Jones and the Six is the perfect show for all music lovers! The show follows a fictional rock band—inspired by Fleetwood Mac—from the 1970s as the members strive for worldwide recognition for their hard work. After finding some success after the release of their first single, the two lead singers—Daisy Jones (Riley Keough) and Billy Dunne (Sam Claflin)—and the other band members must quickly learn how to handle the fame that comes with being in a successful group. Will their band survive, or will everything they’ve worked for implode? Stream Daisy Jones and the Six on Prime Video to find out!

Outer Banks

Rotten Tomatoes score: 70 percent critic rating, 74 percent audience rating

Number of episodes and seasons: 20 episodes, three seasons

Renewed: Season four has been approved, but the official release date is yet to be determined.

Outer Banks is a great show to watch if you’re looking for an action-packed show that follows a group of teenagers on the biggest quest of their lives! In an attempt to avenge his missing father, John B. Routledge (Chase Stokes) calls upon his friends—J.J. Maybank (Rudy Pankow), Pope Heyward (Jonathan Daviss), Kiara Carrera (Madison Bailey), and Sarah Cameron (Madelyn Cline)—to help him find the legendary treasure that is somehow linked to his dad’s disappearance. Will the team’s best efforts be enough to solve this puzzling mystery? Find out by streaming Outer Banks on Netflix!

The SUmmer I Turned Pretty

Rotten Tomatoes score: 91 percent critic rating, 80 percent audience rating

Number of episodes and seasons: 7 episodes, one season

Renewed: Season two will be released beginning July 14.

If you enjoy coming-of-age romcoms, you should check out The Summer I Turned Pretty! Based on Jenny Han’s novel of the same name, this show follows sixteen-year-old Isabel “Belly” Conklin (Lola Tung) as she returns to Cousins Beach for a reunion with old family friends. Slowly, Belly becomes engulfed in a love triangle between two brothers—Jeremiah (Gavin Casalegno) and Conrad Fisher (Christopher Briney)—who have known her ever since she was an awkward child. Who will Belly end up with? Stream The Summer I Turned Pretty on Prime Video to find out!

The White Lotus

Rotten Tomatoes score: 91 percent critic rating, 73 percent audience rating

Number of episodes and seasons: 13 episodes, two seasons

Renewed: Season three will be released in late 2023 or early 2024.

If you’re looking for some drama in your life, The White Lotus will be the perfect summer show for you! Following vacationers’ time at the fictional White Lotus resort chain, this series captures the dysfunctionality as all parties interact with each other during their stay. The opening scene reveals that someone out of the group of people—Nicole Mossbacher (Connie Britton), Nicole’s husband Mark Mossbacher (Steve Zahn), their son Quinn (Fred Hechinger) and daughter Olivia (Sydney Sweeney), Olivia’s friend Paula (Brittany O’Grady), newlyweds Rachel (Alexandra Daddario) and Shane Patton (Jake Lacy), and the unusual Tanya McQuoid (Jennifer Coolidge)—will be found dead within a week. Who is killed, and will their killer be caught? Find out by streaming The White Lotus on HBO Max!

The aforementioned series may evoke a wide array of emotions. Whether watching these shows alone or with a group of friends, they’re sure to put you in the summer mood!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, TwitterTikTokYouTube and Pinterest!

Hello! My name is Elle Lazare, and I’m from Rockledge, Florida! I’m a Psychology major at Florida State University. I love playing tennis, reading books, attending all of the football games at FSU, and watching horror movies. I’m so excited to be a member of Her Campus and cannot wait to share my writing with you all!