big rig
big rig
Original photo by allison alfonso

Bad Bunny’s “El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo” Comes to an End

Over the past weekend, the global reggaeton and urban music sensation Bad Bunny concluded his third U.S. arena tour, called “El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo,” with three consecutive dates in Miami, Florida. The tour, titled after his fourth studio album of the same name, began in early February of this year in Denver, Colorado. It played nearly 30 more shows around the United States, with more shows needing to be added in certain cities due to the overwhelming demand for tickets.

For the readers that are unfamiliar with the Latin music scene, Bad Bunny is one of the most world-famous—if not the most famous—Latin musicians on the scene right now. He is currently the most globally streamed artist on Spotify, with his music even touching listeners who don’t speak Spanish. His most popular singles, “Callaita,” “Dakiti” and “MIA” (a collaboration with the very well-known rap artist Drake) have even made it to mainstream American pop radio since their release, proving that you don’t need to speak the language to love the music.

bad bunny
Original photo by allison alfonso

From the beginning, fans knew this tour was going to be special due to it being his very first tour after the COVID-19 lockdown. Things were still uncertain when he first announced that he was going on tour. “El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo” directly translates to “The Final Tour of the World,” which is exactly what Bad Bunny thought this was going to be. When COVID first hit, it seemed like it was the end of the world and that fans wouldn’t ever be able to hear live music again. However, since the first tour announcement, COVID precautions have gotten significantly better, and fans were able to experience the mind-blowing show that Bad Bunny created for them.

I had the pleasure of attending one of Bad Bunny’s final tour dates in Miami this past Saturday. It was truly amazing to experience one of my absolute favorite artists live and to see the phenomenal production he and his team put on.

Of course, the music itself was the star of the show, but I would also like to spotlight the details put into the pyrotechnics, visuals and even the set-up. The stage itself was built like a big rig (as seen on the cover of his album) and had a 360-degree view so that no matter where you were in the arena, you would still see everything. This is incredibly valuable; there’s nothing worse than getting an inexpensive ticket and arriving to your seat to see that you’re behind the stage or that there are a million things blocking your view of the artist. The stage also moved back and forth throughout the show since there were barely any floor seats available for this specific concert, allowing everyone in the arena to get the best possible view of Bad Bunny on stage. As if the stage couldn’t get any better, it also expanded and split into three different stages, which combined later in the show to create one large stage that covered almost the entire floor area.

In addition to the unique stage set-up, there were also several screens all around the stage that either displayed visuals throughout the concert or showed close-ups of Bad Bunny on stage for those that were too far to see closely. The screens also moved up and down depending on which song was playing. Personally, I thought the best part of the show (besides seeing Bad Bunny in person, obviously) was the insane pyrotechnics, which included fire, smoke, confetti and even fireworks.

On Sunday, it was announced that Bad Bunny’s April 2 concert (the show I attended) had become the highest-grossing single-night concert in the history of the FTX Arena. I was astonished that I was able to be part of that record-breaking night. To top it all off, during the middle of the concert on the last night of the tour, Bad Bunny found out that El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo had just won the Grammy for Best Musica Urbana Album.

All-in-all, this tour was an unbelievable experience. From the performance itself to the vibes in the crowd, everything about it was just so special and unforgettable; it has easily become one of the best nights of my life. Even though this isn’t Bad Bunny’s final tour because he will be embarking on another U.S. tour this summer called “The World’s Hottest Tour,” it truly lived up to its name of being one of the greatest tours in history.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

hi! my name's allison, i'm currently attending florida state university majoring in exercise physiology in hopes of going to med school to become an ob/gyn! i'm an iced coffee lover, heavy criminal minds watcher, and a pumpkin flavored everything enthusiast.