To my dearest love, 

I have been thinking about just how much I love you, and I believe it is the perfect time to open up and let you know how I truly feel about you. First of all, I am very grateful to you. Thanks to you, I know what it feels like to truly live. I love that I get to feel the warm sun touch my skin when I wake up in the morning. And that at night, I also get to look out into the darkness of the night sky and see the glistening light coming from the stars and the moon. Your beauty is endless, and I cannot help but be in total awe of your presence.

To say that I am blessed to be able to experience this life with you is an understatement. Just within these past 21 years of my existence, I have been able to create so many memorable experiences with you. One of my favorite memories with you is when I first learned how to surf when I was in the fifth grade. I remember being terrified at first of the waves that were crashing against the shoreline. However, once I caught my first wave, I quickly became addicted to the energy of the ocean. The beach was no longer something that I feared, but rather became a limitless playground for me to experience. I have and always will love the times that I have spent at the beach, thanks to you.

Personally, one of my favorite things about you is your ever-changing weather and seasons. While spring and summer tend to be my favorite seasons, I also have a special appreciation for the fall and winter times. My favorite thing to witness, however, is the soft transition that occurs between the different periods of time. I truly try to appreciate all of your different seasons because it reminds me that change is not only natural but also kind of beautiful.

While I have professed my love for you, I also owe you an apology for any of my or my peers’ wrongdoings. Also, I am sorry that sometimes we take the resources you graciously provide us for granted and cause you damage in return. I genuinely wish there was a simple solution to this problem, but I know that the issue is way bigger than me. Therefore, I want you to understand that while it may not seem like much, we the people see and hear you and are moving in the direction of finding more solutions to help you.

I have and always will have a special place in my heart for you. You are my home, my sanctuary and my provider. I am forever grateful to you and all of the amazing things that you do. I love your mountains, deserts, oceans and forests. I look forward to spending the rest of my life getting to explore with you and am truly so excited. I love you endlessly and am so honored to get to wish you a happy 22nd Earth Day.

Another year around the sun and I am grateful I spent it with you.

Love you always and forever.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hi! I am currently a senior majoring in Media & Communication Studies and minoring in Psychology! I love practicing yoga on the beach, cuddling with my cat Bean, and collecting crystals <3