Sometimes it can be hard to put your feelings into words or you might just want to listen to music and think of your partner. This week I have compiled a list of songs to do just that. These songs are perfect to add to any playlist for them, and here’s how!

“Best Part” by Daniel Caesar (feat. H.E.R.)

records and a headphone set
Photo by blocks from Unsplash

This is the epitome of any love song. It speaks about how his girl is the best thing in his life, and how she’s his “sunshine in the rain when it’s pouring.” It has some of the best written lyrics in a love song and captures love perfectly. They’re the light in the dark.

“Fangs” by Matt Champion

This song explores all the little feelings when you’re obsessed with somebody. When you know them so well that you could rearrange their freckles and know exactly how to put them back in place. He fell quickly for her while she accepted him for his flaws, and some interpret the song to mean her figurative “fangs” were put into him and he doesn’t want it to be ever let go.

“She” by Tyler, the creator and Frank Ocean

While it does hint a little bit at stalking, the song is still about the love and lust he feels about this woman. The lyrics include: “And I finally got the courage to ask you on a date. So just say yes, let the future fall into place.” He’s seen her for a while now and took his chance after longing for her. A bit creepy, but to the right person, they’ll love it.

“Cupid’s Chokehold / Breakfast In America” by Gym Class Heroes

This was one of those songs all over TikTok with girls wanting their partner to post them with the lyrics, “take a look at my girlfriend.” But it’s more than that, in my opinion; he can never seem to find the right girl making it feel as if cupid has a chokehold on him. But he finally finds the girl he truly does love, and cupid can’t get in the way.

“Imperfections” by Pop Smoke

Pop Smoke talks about how he loves all of her imperfections and that she’s the one he chooses despite them. Also, “Let Me Love You” by Mario is sampled in this song! Similar to Mario’s song, he just wants to love her and give her everything. Its calm relaxing vibe is something you could just drive down an empty street singing.

“Pluto Projector” by Rex Orange County

Rex wrote this song about his girlfriend and how much he loves her but how he has a fear of losing her. He even imagines marrying her but also admits that everybody has their differences and those should help to complete the other.

“We Fell in Love in October” by Girl in Red

Girl in Red wrote this song in 2015 after breaking up with her boyfriend for a girl for the first time. She said it’s basically just declaring her love for that girl and just repeating “my girl” throughout the chorus. She was finally happy to accept her sexuality and be with this new girl she loves.

Hopefully, someone reading this will find some inspiration from this list I put together, and you and your partner can enjoy some time listening to music together.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and Pinterest!

Second year at Florida State University majoring in Criminology and Computer Science.
Her Campus at Florida State University.