Halloween is undoubtedly one of the best nights of the year. The combination of spooky movies, fall drinks, cute costumes and pumpkins makes this one of the most fun holidays. Not to mention, all of the incredible candy being sold for a ridiculously low price. Halloween is also one of the most popular holidays to go out and party on, but if that isn’t your style I’ve got the perfect solution. A Halloween party, but at home with all of your best ladies: Galloween! Allow me to prepare your perfect Galloween night with my spoopy itinerary.

For a night in with your ladies, not much is needed besides some good food, good movies, fun activities and your best friends. Throw in some costumes if that’s your thing and you’ve not only got the cutest Galloween but also the most festive. The best way to kick off your Galloween is with some cooking and baking. Don’t stress, as this doesn’t mean go full-on Gordon Ramsay and make a five-course meal for your friends. This means we’re going to Pinterest the cutest and simplest Halloween-inspired recipes to make our hearts and stomachs happy. This Pinterest board is full of some of the easiest and yummiest Halloween-inspired recipes that your friends are certain to love to eat and make! And we all know there’s really no such thing as Halloween without the Pillsbury pre-made sugar cookies.

Courtesy: Food Network

Once the food is ready, it’s time to throw on your favorite Halloween movie. My personal Gallowen favorites are Hocus Pocus, Practical Magic, Twitches and The Nightmare Before Christmas. You know, the not-so-spooky, yet still festive movies. However, if you and your gals are into really scary movies, I’d suggest Halloween, Us, The Shining and The Conjuring. Pro-tip: keep a plethora of blankets nearby so you and your friends can stay cozy but also hide under them when you get scared. Not to mention, throwing on a spoopy movie creates the perfect setting for Halloween crafts. Once the movie is on and rolling, get your favorite crafts together and start making some ~spoopy~ décor.

Courtesy: We Heart It

One of my favorite Halloween activities this year is painting pumpkins. Pumpkin painting is the perfect indoor-party craft because it eliminates the mess of having to carve the actual pumpkin. Not to mention it is so trendy right now and there is plenty of cute inspo on Instagram and Pinterest. You can find small pumpkins that are reasonably priced at Trader Joe’s or Publix. Pro-tip number 2: get your ladies together beforehand and visit a local pumpkin patch to pick out some cute lil’ pumpkins together to paint at your Galloween party. One of my favorite local Tallahassee pumpkin patches is the pumpkin patch at First Presbyterian Church.

Courtesy: Think Make Share Blog

The final activity for the perfect Galloween party is obviously to take cute pictures with your best gal pals! Making a photo wall or photo area in your apartment is way easier than you probably think and can totally be DIY’d. Cutting out paper bats from black cardboard paper or making a balloon arch from dollar store balloons make for the perfect backdrop for your Galloween photoshoot. Want a classic favorite? Make the Stranger Things alphabet wall with cut-out alphabet letters and colorful Christmas lights for the iconic photo backdrop you and your friends will love.

Courtesy: Etsy

I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.