Introducing Her Campus FSU’s first themed week: Fashion Week. This semester, Her Campus FSU has created themed weeks dedicated to exclusive content we believe all of our readers should have access to. In honor of the events taking place across the globe, from February 15-19 we’re letting you in on the latest industry trends as the runways begin to come to life again. Keep up on the site for the next few days as we tackle everything from NYFW to Yeezy Season 3 to a killer fashion profile you don’t want to miss. 

With the New Year still fresh and the arrival of spring, I’m sure many of us are waiting for the warmth and sunshine to come back to FSU. The spring Haute Couture shows killed it this year. Here are some highlights of the top designers, both new and old, which are the perfect inspirations for your spring fashion wardrobe.

Guo Pei, deemed China’s first Haute Couture designer, relied on the classic spring look with a couture show filled with pastels, sheer fabrics and feminine touches, all with a unique Chinese twist! It looks like Pantone hit the nail on the head with the Rose Quartz color prediction, because the beautiful light pink was consistent throughout the show and never ceased to be aweing. Touches of gold added warmth to the looks, making it the perfect choice for color inspiration this season.

Courtesy: Blogspot

Courtesy: Tumblr

With Guo Pei dominating the Rose Quartz color scheme, Giorgio Armani makes for a perfect counterpart with his excessive use of Serenity, the second color of the year as chosen by Pantone. Utilizing various methods, he showed us how versatile one color can be. Sheers and ruffles create an airy romantic feel perfect for spring, while metallics and iridescent finishes create an oddly futuristic vibe. Of course all of Armani’s mainstays were present, including his structured blazers and fascinating use of fabric.

Courtesy: E! Online

Courtesy: E! Online

Zuhair Murad does Haute Couture in the most fun way. Adding volume to the bottom while keeping things short for balance, his silhouettes proved to be both surprising and gorgeous. He utilized a lot of floral for spring, both subtle and obvious. Alternating between an appliqué style as well as floral patterned fabrics, he creates looks that bring out any girl’s inner princess in a sophisticated manner.

Courtesy: The Fashion Spot

Courtesy: The Fashion Spot

Courtesy: Style Bubble

Ralph and Russo start off the show by proving that this runway is like no other. With models smiling as they take the stage, and visible tattoos on some of the girls, the duo demonstrates that they are a rare team. Their collection draws on the warmth of spring. Using lightweight fabrics and pastel colors, it combines to create a feminine collection that is uncomplicated yet flawless. These designers refute the idea of typical Haute Couture fashion. With a noticeable lack of heavy adornment, they keep things simple, allowing each model to glide down the runway in elegance.

Courtesy: E! Online

Courtesy: E! Online

Courtney is a sophmore at Florida State University and is currently studying Retail Merchandising and Product Development. She enjoys good books, has a slight obsession with dogs, and will be most likely found with coffee or tea in hand as she runs from class to class.
Her Campus at Florida State University.