burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Pants Everyone Wants to Wear

I’m sure all of you Collegiettes have noticed girls walking around campus wearing brightly colored and patterned pants. They are extremely hard to miss. One of the newest trends that has everyone asking, “Where did you get those?” are called palazzo and harem pants. These pants give you the best of both worlds – fashionable and comfortable. They can be either dressed up with fun accessories, a nice blouse and wedges, or dressed down with a simple tank top and sandals. This makes these pants appropriate for many different occasions, such as going out for a nice dinner or going to class.

So what’s the difference between the palazzo pant and the harem pant? Palazzo pants have a spandex top and are made from a silk-like material, which keeps you feeling both cool and comfy throughout the day. They also have a very wide and open bottom, which makes them look similar to a maxi skirt. 

Harem pants are typically made from a cotton material. They have elastic at both the hip and ankles, but are baggy throughout the rest of the pant. Both pant styles can be found in a variety of colors and patterns. While palazzo pants are usually only found at small boutiques, they can be bought on the Internet at various stores. Harem pants can be found at stores like Forever 21, H&M, and Urban Outfitters. Depending on where palazzo pants and harem pants are bought, they range in price from $20 to $40. 

Shannon Postrion is from Islamorada, Florida and is currently a senior at Florida State University. She is an English- Editing, Writing, and Media major. Her hobbies are writing and swimming. Shannon's dream job is to be either a journalist or an editor.
Kalie Marsch is a senior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing and Media within the College of English. She aspires to work in magazine publishing and editing in the future, and lives for New York Fashion Week. When she's not busy with work or school, she loves to shop, read magazines and online style blogs, sit down with a good book, or go to the gym. She is obsessed with New York City and plans to move there after graduating from college. Kalie also loves being involved on campus and meeting new people. She is super excited to work with Her Campus and looks forward to helping make the FSU chapter the best it can be!