Culture > News

Paint the Campus Purple Week – What to Look Forward To

Florida State’s chapter of Relay for Life is hosting the event of the year, and it’s happening all week long! To prepare for Relay, which begins Friday, April 5 at 6:00 p.m., FSU is hosting a spirit week called “Paint the Campus Purple Week.” There will be food, incentives for fundraising and more that will all culminate to the long-awaited Relay for Life event. If you’re dying to know what will happen each day of “Paint the Campus Purple Week,” you’ve come to the right place!

Monday

Courtesy: bizjournals.com

From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. “Why I Relay” will be happening on Landis Green. A board will be set up for students to write their reason for participating in Relay for Life. There will be merchandise for sale, computers for new participants to make a fundraising page and the opportunity to share fundraising ideas. There will also be a share-it-day happening at Chuy’s, giving you the perfect reason to eat out for lunch, dinner or both!

Tuesday

Courtesy: hiveminer.com

At the Integration Statue, there will be more computers set up to help people register for Relay. So, if you can’t make it on Monday, you have a second chance! There will also be shirts available for pickup for those who have fundraised at least $100 by Tuesday.

Wednesday

Courtesy: adaymag.com

This is definitely one of the most exciting days of the week because it involves puppies on Landis! From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. there will be puppuccinos available for all of your furry friends. Even if you don’t have a dog to bring, this event will still totally be worth showing up for!

Thursday

Courtesy: maplestreetbiscuits.com

Want even more excuses to eat out? Relay for Life is having another share-it-day on Thursday! This time it’s at Maple Street, so you can have breakfast all day! There will also be one last chance to register for Relay from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Integration Statue. But don’t worry, if you can’t make it to any of these tabling times to register for the event, you can send a Facebook message to Relay for Life of FSU with any questions you might have!

Friday & Saturday

Courtesy: thetab.com

Then finally, Friday begins the event everyone has been waiting for! The opening ceremonies of Relay for Life start at 6:00 p.m. and lead into a full night of fundraising, fun events and fighting for a good cause! Relay will end at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday when the total amount raised by FSU is revealed.

It’s hard to believe that it’s finally time for the official Relay for Life event, but I can’t wait for “Paint the Campus Purple Week” to kickstart all of the excitement! And even if you’re not fundraising or volunteering for Relay for Life, make sure to stop by one of these events throughout the week, or pop in at the main event for an hour or two!

I'm a senior double majoring in Media/Communication Studies and Editing, Writing, and Media at Florida State University. I love Jesus, traveling, coffee, and music.
Her Campus at Florida State University.