jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Outfits for Eighty Degree Weather, but Make It Fall Fashion

It is fall in Tallahassee, and although that means unpredictable weather (in the 40s one day and the 80s the next), that doesn’t mean that you can’t dress for fall on a daily basis. There are plenty of ways to dress for the season, no matter the weather. Here are some trends for the season that doesn’t require you to bundle up.

Cheetah Print

Recently, cheetah print has been coming back into popular fashion. Some think it’s cute, while others think it’s tacky. Regardless, it is big this season. You can incorporate cheetah print into your look in a variety of ways. Personally, I’ve got a pair of cheetah print ballet flats that I like to pair with jeans and a plain white or black shirt; however, you can get any article of clothing in cheetah print right now. Cheetah print isn’t the only animal print that we’ve been seeing a lot of this fall; snakeskin print has also been big. I have been incorporating this trend into some of my outfits by wearing a faux snakeskin belt.

Courtesy: Lulus

Millennial Purple

Last year it was millennial pink that was all the rage, but this year everyone is wearing millennial purple. Although the norm is to wear darker colors in the fall, this lovely pastel shade has made its way to the top of fall 2019 fashion. If you’re not one for pastels, skip this trend, but if you prefer lighter colors in your wardrobe or would rather start to dress for fall as the colder months come, you can definitely wear this shade.

Courtesy: Lulus

Peasant Tops

This is my absolute favorite fall trend. You can layer a peasant top on colder days or wear it by itself on the warmer ones. There is such a wide variety of materials, colors and fits for these tops being sold everywhere right now, making them super customizable to your own style. Overall, they give off a very dramatic, romantic vibe that looks amazing on everyone. This trend has been big all summer, but its reign has definitely not yet ended. Personally, I hope it never does.

Courtesy: Reformation

Biker Shorts

Wearing biker shorts is a trend that was, once again, big all summer, but these shorts have extended their stay for fall, especially in warmer places like Florida. Biker shorts are perfect for the days when it’s too hot to wear pants. You can pair them with a millennial purple t-shirt, and you’ll have created an on-trend outfit for the season.

Courtesy: Free People

Sooo…. None of the trends that I’ve just listed are traditionally worn in the fall season. If you want to get more into the spirit, without fuzzy sweaters and jeans, these are my suggestions for you:

Fall Colors

Wearing maroon over millennial purple will give your outfit more of a fall-feel, rather than a trendy one. Without sweaters and scarves, this is a perfect way to look like you are dressing for fall, regardless of the weather outside. Oranges, reds, dark greens, blacks, greys, etc., are all perfect for fall.

Courtesy: Magnolia Boutique

Boots

From Combat Boots to Heeled Booties, you can’t go wrong with wearing boots in the fall. They might not be as breathable as sneakers, but they are really great for all of the rain we’ve been having. Don’t worry about stepping in puddles and having wet shoes all day, many boots are water-resistant and will keep your feet out of the rain.

Courtesy: Eslamoda

Tied-Jackets

Tying a jacket around your waist adds an element of layering to your look. For those days when it starts out at 80 degrees and ends up in the 50s at night, this look will work for both. Simply tie the jacket around your waist when it’s hot, and put it on when it’s cold. Tying the jacket around your waist will give you a very 90s look, which is so in right now.

Courtesy: Davis Sanchez

From trends to more traditional pieces of clothing, dressing for fall in unpredictable weather does not have to be as stressful as it seems. Be sure to plan ahead by checking the weather each day to dress accordingly. Remember to stay warm… Or cool? Whichever works.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Emily is a junior at Florida State University majoring in Editing, Writing, and Media and minoring in Communications. In her free time, she enjoys singing, discovering new music, and tracking down the best coffee in Tallahassee. Find her on Instagram @emischutz.
Her Campus at Florida State University.