david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Olivia Chittenden: The New Face Of Top Gun

Name: Olivia Chittenden

Year: Junior

Hometown: Tampa, FL

Major: Media Studies and Communication

Her Campus (HC): What do you love most about Halloween?

Olivia Chittenden (OC): I love the atmosphere of the Halloween season. It’s getting a little chilly here in Tallahassee, and I love eating sweets and watching scary movies with my friends. And, as if that’s not enough…you get to be someone else for a night!

HC: What was your favorite costume you ever dressed in for Halloween?

OC: My favorite costume was Jasmine from Aladdin. It’s not the most original, but I wore that costume as often as my mom would let me!

HC: What was the first costume you remember wearing?

OC: The first costume I remember wearing was a ballerina one, I trick or treated around a condominium floor.

HC: What’s your take on the Halloween costumes these days? How much is too much when it comes to the “slutty” costumes?

OC: There are tons of great options for Halloween costumes these days. We also have a wealth of resources online to make adorable DIY costumes. Some of the best costumes I’ve seen have been DIY’s. I think it’s up to the person to decide if their costume is too “slutty.” Everyone gets a pass on Halloween to be a little more scandalous, but if you’re getting a lot of unwanted attention and you have to keep adjusting your costume to stay covered, you may want to reconsider.

HC: If you could be ANYTHING for Halloween, what would it be?

OC: If I could ANYTHING for Halloween? Wow, probably Cleopatra, but Elizabeth Taylor’s Cleopatra, with the solid gold accessories.

HC: This year you’re a character from Top Gun? Maverick or Goose?

OC: I’m going to be Maverick! It might be bad luck to be Goose!

HC: What advice would you give to other girls out there who are too self-conscious to wear that costume they’ve always wanted to wear?

OL: Wear that costume proudly! It could be a conversation starter, and remember that everyone is going to be dressed up looking crazy, scary, or sexy. It’s about having fun, and not taking yourself too seriously.

Happy Tally-ween! 

Emily Brooks is a Junior at The Florida State University. She is an English major with a focus in Editing, Writing, and Media with a minor in Communications. Born and raised in Pensacola, Florida, she has a deep-rooted love for slow-cooked Southern food. She has a passion for journalism and hopes to continue her career in the broadcast field as a TV reporter. Her ultimate goal is to become a part of the great team at ABC World News with Diane Sawyer. As a true 'Noles fan from the start, she bleeds garnet and gold and can be found at every sporting event. Along with writing, she also shares a passion for music. A strong love for the oldies has her convinced she was born a generation too late. In the Summer of 2014 her passion for writing continued abroad as she studied journalism in Valencia, Spain for one semester. You can find her travel blog here: http://emilybrooksfsu.blogspot.com.tr/
Her Campus at Florida State University.