Oh, You Wanna Dance With Somebody? Whitney Houston’s Hologram Is Going on Tour!

Because we will always love Whitney Houston, there will now be a chance to see her in concert once again! Seven years after her death, technology has allowed fans to get to spend an evening with Houston… or her hologram that is. Debuting in Jan. of 2020, fans will be able to see her belting out her timeless hits. 

By bringing such a pop icon back, BASE Hologram has permitted fans a truly once in a lifetime experience. In addition to Whitney Houston singing and performing, the show, “An Evening with Whitney: The Whitney Houston Hologram Tour” will include dancers and a live band. Choreography has even been completed by Fatima Robinson, the choreographer for Dreamgirls, the Academy-Award winning film.

The first image of the hologram has finally been released by BASE and it is Whitney Houston wearing a gold leather jacket, ripped jeans and her contagious smile.

Courtesy: RollingStone

Throughout interviews, BASE Hologram has made it clear that they do not want the show to be a ‘throwback’ show. Instead, they want it to be a celebration of Whitney Houston and her impact on music and society as we know it. There will certainly be top hits played, but in the words of BASE Hologram’s Chairman and CEO, Brian Becker, “This isn’t a journey through time, but more of a celebration of her best work. The main goal in these types of shows is to preserve the legacy of one-of-a-kind musicians and using their actual master recordings, give fans the chance to see them perform — many for the first time.”

Shows will take place throughout Mexico and Europe in the first quarter of 2020 and then, tentatively, the tour will make its way to the United States in the fall.

See the full list of official tour dates below:

Jan. 23 – Feb. 9, 2020 – Mexico (TBA) Feb. 27 – Liverpool, England @ M&S Bank Arena 2 Arena February 28 – Manchester, England @ Apollo Feb. 29 – Leeds, England @ First Direct Arena March 1 – Glasgow, Scotland @ SEC Armadillo March 2 – Aberdeen, Scotland @ P&J Arena March 3 – Dublin, Ireland @ Bord Gais Theatre March 4 – Birmingham, England @ Arena March 5 – Bournemouth, England @ Bournemouth International Centre March 6 – Cardiff, Wales @ Motorpoint Arena March 7 – Brighton, England @ Centre March 9 – Nottingham, England @ Royal Concert Hall March 10 – London, England @ Hammersmith Apollo March 12 – Brussels, Belgium @ Bozar March 13 – Amsterdam, Netherlands @ AFAS Live March 14 – Ghent, Belgium @ Capitole March 19 – Zurich,  Switzerland @ Samsung Hall March 20 – Berlin, Germany @ Admirals Palast March 22 – Vienna, Austria @ Stadthalle F March 23 – Bratislava, Slovakia @ Inchebo Expo Arena March 25 – Copenhagen, Denmark @ Forum Black Box March 26 – Olso, Norway @ Folketeatret March 28 – Stockholm, Sweden @ Cirkus March 30 – St. Petersburg, Russia @ BKZ Oktyabrisky March 31 – Moscow, Russia @ Kremlin Concert Hall April 2 – Kiev, Ukraine @ Palace Ukraine April 3 – Minsk, Belarus @ Palace of the Republic

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest!

Coffee. Rowing. Dogs. That just about sums it up.. short & sweet, like me.
Her Campus at Florida State University.