“The Office” Alumnis Steve Carell and Greg Daniels Said to Star in Netflix Space Force Comedy

There is no doubt that The Office is one of everyone’s favorite shows, and I think it is safe to say that it earned a Dundie for “Favorite Show That Never Gets Old.” Ask any diehard Office fan and you can bet that they have watched the entire series at least two times through. (Guilty!) And when you realize the series is nine seasons long, you can begin to understand the dedication it takes to be an Office groupie. What really bums anyone out, of course, is the fact that all great things have to come to an end … or do they? Attention all Office veterans, there is not another season coming out; however, the second-best thing has recently happened: Office alumni, Steve Carell and Office creator, Greg Daniels, are reuniting for a Netflix Space Force Comedy. Another fellow Office alumnus, Howard Klein, will also be on the team as the executive producer. I know a lot of you guys have been waiting for One Direction to get back together but take a deep breath because this is the reunion tour no one ever knew they needed.

And this show is planned to make big money. A Hollywood insider reported that Carell will be paid $1 million per episode for this new Netflix hit that will be based on Trump’s Space Force. Yes, you heard me correctly, Trump’s Space Force. I am already giggling just thinking about it.  Houston, we have a hit comedy show.

Looking for a sneak peek? You’re in the right place. You can find the trailer here.

The upcoming Netflix show is co-created by Carell and Daniels that will ultimately star Carell. The plot of the show is about the people who make up the sixth branch of the armed services, the Space Force. I am sure most of us are wondering what sparked the idea for this soon-to-be masterpiece and it turns out the inspiration struck after the June 18 announcement by President Trump. This announcement informed the US that President Trump had recently directed the Department of Defense and the Pentagon to establish a Space Force as the official sixth branch of the armed forces. Vice President Mike Pence later revealed that the goals of this newly established branch would be to defend satellites from attacks as well as other space-related responsibilities. In order to understand what Trump really thinks about this initiative, he says, “It’s going to be something.” Sounds good enough to me. And if it means we can create a hit comedy starring Steve Carell out of it, count me in. You can watch Trump’s original speech here.

I took to Twitter to see how the excitement played out there, and I have to say, I am not disappointed. 

Courtesy: Allyson Koerner

Courtesy: Erin Strecker

Courtesy: E! News TV Scoop

There is no expected date of release as of now but just keep clicking refresh on your Netflix and hope for the best. This is a show that is, dare I say, going to be out of this world. Over and out.

Just one eccentric gal trying to use words to tell my story and yours!
Her Campus at Florida State University.