Obama’s Words of Wisdom For Kanye 2020

I’m sure most of you have heard this by now, but if you’re one of the few who have been living under a rock for the past few months: as he was accepting the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the 2015 VMAs, Kanye West announced that he would run for President in 2020. After receiving many different types of reactions, he’s gotten loads of support from politicians and even the democratic party! The democratic party tweeted at Kanye West, welcoming him to the race.

Courtesty: Democrats Twitter

Kanye West was also featured in a picture with his wife, Kim Kardashian, and Hilary Clinton after they saw her speak.

Courtesy: Kim Kardashian Twitter

Most recently though, Kanye West has received support from the President himself, Barack Obama. Obama was speaking at a DNC fundraiser in San Francisco where Kanye West performed when he decided to give Kanye West some advice on running for President in 2020. He started off by saying that as President you spend a lot of your time “dealing with some strange characters who behave like they’re on a reality TV show.” Perhaps a reference to Kanye’s wife’s show Keeping Up with The Kardashians? His next tip was a reference to Kanye’s album “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.”

President Obama continued, “Second, this is an important tip, saying that you have a beautiful dark twisted fantasy, that’s what’s known as an ‘off message’ in politics. You can’t say something like that. There are a lot of people who have lost their congressional seats saying things like that.” His last piece of advice and possibly his favorite as he is seen holding back laughter Obama states, “Do you really think that this country is going to elect a black guy from the South Side of Chicago with a funny name to be President of the United States? That is crazy. That’s cray!” Whether President Obama was serious about helping Kanye win the 2020 presidential election, FSU students had a lot to say about the future candidate.

“Kanye needs to rule the world,” said sophomore Digital Media Production and Business majorVikhyat Gattani. He then added, “I think he needs to remap the Earth in terms of his children’s names.”

Sophomore Retail Merchandising and Product Development major Gabby Cook mentioned, “I just know that President West will lead our country to become a harder, better, faster, stronger America.”

“I think people don’t give Kanye enough credit. He already has the North and the West. All he needs is the South and the East and he’ll definitely be a prime candidate,” said sophomore chemistry major Matthew Murray.

On the other hand, senior Editing, Writing and Media major Amanda Bernardo was against Kanye. “He is a complete imbecile who thinks that he can do or get whatever he wants because his name holds some kind of power or status.” Some FSU students even had some advice for Kanye, just like President Obama. Senior finance major Alex Zapata noted, “Imma let Kanye finish but Taylor Swift would be a great running mate. Then they would have my vote.”

One student in particular was very excited for Kanye 2020. “Kanye running for president in 2020 would bring ‘All of the Lights’ back to the presidential race for millennials who need to get to the polls. Anyone looking at this in a negative light I ask, ‘How could you be so heartless?’ After all, Yeezus for president would only make us ‘Stronger.’ His presence in the White House would gis us ‘Power,’ and he would leave an impact ‘Forever.’ So, are you going to empower Ye to ‘Run This Town?’ Or let ‘Gold Digger’s’ like Trump run our country into the ground? Just ask yourself, What Would Yeezus Do?” said junior Editing, Writing and Media major Franz Hilberath.

Courtesy: 9Fail

A website was created in support of Kanye’s potential candidacy with a countdown to the election in 2020. Kanye West isn’t the only rapper that has announced his potential candidacy for President. In April 2015, rapper Waka Flocka Flame announced that he was planning on running for President in 2016 and then later announced it was a joke. It’s currently unknown whether Kanye is serious about running for president but if he is, he definitely has the support of many FSU voters!

Sophomore computer science major at Florida State University that loves everything fashionable, yoga, food, art, and technology related. Originally from Boca Raton, Florida but currently residing in Tallahassee attending the best school in the nation!
Her Campus at Florida State University.