The North Florida Fair Is So Hot Right Now!

Fried Twinkies, ferris wheels, games, and endless fun. What does that sound like to you? Well, it’s the North Florida Fair of course! I have attended the North Florida Fair since my freshman year at Florida State University. My cousins went to the fair when they attended this esteemed university, and now I like to carry on the family tradition.

Here are some of my favorite things to do at the North Florida Fair in order of the night’s events:

1.      Arrive and marvel in the magical wonder that is the carnival.

2.      Pay 50 cents to look at a bearded woman or spider human. Realize that the moment is completely uncomfortable and then walk out wondering why you would pay 50 cents for such a scaring event.

3.      Funnel Cakes…’nuff said.

4.      Go on a ride that looks cute and not too fast, but turns out to be cray.

5.      Sit and re-think that funnel cake.

6.      Take a walk through the fun house.

7.      Take pictures in the fun house. #instagramstraightflexin

8.      Have a corn on the cobb eating contest with your best friend.

9.      Love the corn so much that you challenge someone else.

10.  Go on a ride that looks like you might die if you get on it.

11.  Survive and do a victory dance.

12.  Check out some of the competitions.

13.  Churn your own butter…the lady’s there every year, people.

14.  Make one of your friends get his or her palm read, and laugh at them as they freak out about their just-told future.

15.  Go on the Ferris wheel!

Now there are two different approaches you can take on the fair.

1.      GNO!

That’s right, ladies; make it a girls’ night out. Grab all of your besties and your favorite fall fashions and suit up for a night of fun and most likely, debauchery. When you’re with your best friends the things you can do are limitless. Most likely, someone will vom after hitting it hard on the Crank. And another one will probably cry because one of the carnies hit on her. Assure her that her future husband will not be a carnie. Be sure to grab your Polaroid and keep the night well documented! Like Hannah Montana once said, “Let’s go GNO, let’s go. It’s a girls night!” (Yes, I did just quote Miley in her prime)

2.      Date Night

If you are one of the lucky ones—and you know who you are—you’ll most likely be asked to go to the North Florida Fair via a date. This is quite possibly one of the cutest and Nicholas Sparks-like date nights if I ever heard of one, so you better not turn him down. Take this opportunity to get to know your special someone in a chill and non-pressured setting. The fair is full of funny things going on, so conversation will be high. Expect a great time and maybe even a kiss on the top of the Ferris wheel.

Everyone has their own way of tackling county fairs. Whether you’re daring like me and you eat a whole funnel cake before you ride, or you take it slow and hold the purses, the North Florida Fair is for sure to be a fun time!

Check out tickets and dates here: http://northfloridafair.com/

Maria Losada is a senior at Florida State University pursuing a double major in International Affairs and Editing, Writing and Media. She is driven by her passion for writing and seeks to inspire others through it.  She loves learning about different cultures, languages, and especially enjoys tasting international cuisines!  On her down time you can catch her dancing salsa, reading articles from Her Campus FSU, or daydreaming about her next travel destination. She hopes to live in Washington D.C.  and work for an international development agency."Little by little, one travels far."