Nicole Newman: Film Club Enthusiast and Circus Performer

Name: Nicole Newman

Year: Freshman

Major: Digital Media Production

Hometown: Nassau, Bahamas

Relationship Status: Single

Photo By: Annie Grafe

Her Campus (HC): Why did you decide on Digital Media Production as your major?

Nicole Newman (NN): Well, I have always had a strong passion for the digital media world. Since a young age, I knew that I wanted to edit films, and my end goal is to eventually direct films.

HC: What extra curricular activities are you involved in on campus?

NN: I am a member of the Film Club and a circus performer.

HC: What do you do within the circus?

NN: I am a part of one of the “Bike for Five” teams.

HC: What exactly does that mean?

NN: A "Bike for Five" team is a team with four girls and one guy. The four girls perform tricks on the bike while the guy rides the bike (and also performs tricks) in a circle.

HC: What tricks do you do whilst on the "Bike of Five" team?

NN: I personally perform our opening trick, the “Lotus,” the “Superman” and the hand peddling. It’s a bit difficult to explain how each trick works—make sure to come out and watch if you want a better description!

HC: Is this your first year in the circus?

NN: Yes, it is. I am so excited to be given this opportunity to be on the circus team!

HC: When is your first performance?

NN: The shows occur throughout the week of the beginning two weeks of April: April 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16 to be exact. Don’t forget to purchase your tickets!

HC: Are you excited for your first show?

NN: Yes, but I am also quite nervous. I don’t know what to expect as it is my first show, but I truly couldn’t be more excited!

HC: On a lighter note, as I always ask, what is your favorite quote?

NN: My favorite quote is, “Live forever, or die trying,” from the novel Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. I was captivated by this quote while reading the book.