Nicole Newman: Film Club Enthusiast and Circus Performer

Name: Nicole Newman

Year: Freshman

Major: Digital Media Production

Hometown: Nassau, Bahamas

Relationship Status: Single

Photo By: Annie Grafe

Her Campus (HC): Why did you decide on Digital Media Production as your major?

Nicole Newman (NN): Well, I have always had a strong passion for the digital media world. Since a young age, I knew that I wanted to edit films, and my end goal is to eventually direct films.

HC: What extra curricular activities are you involved in on campus?

NN: I am a member of the Film Club and a circus performer.

HC: What do you do within the circus?

NN: I am a part of one of the “Bike for Five” teams.

HC: What exactly does that mean?

NN: A “Bike for Five” team is a team with four girls and one guy. The four girls perform tricks on the bike while the guy rides the bike (and also performs tricks) in a circle.

HC: What tricks do you do whilst on the “Bike of Five” team?

NN: I personally perform our opening trick, the “Lotus,” the “Superman” and the hand peddling. It’s a bit difficult to explain how each trick works—make sure to come out and watch if you want a better description!

HC: Is this your first year in the circus?

NN: Yes, it is. I am so excited to be given this opportunity to be on the circus team!

HC: When is your first performance?

NN: The shows occur throughout the week of the beginning two weeks of April: April 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16 to be exact. Don’t forget to purchase your tickets!

HC: Are you excited for your first show?

NN: Yes, but I am also quite nervous. I don’t know what to expect as it is my first show, but I truly couldn’t be more excited!

HC: On a lighter note, as I always ask, what is your favorite quote?

NN: My favorite quote is, “Live forever, or die trying,” from the novel Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. I was captivated by this quote while reading the book.

Senior at the beautiful Florida State University. Creative writing major, entrepreneurship minor. Health enthusiast. Rap music aficionado. Find me (on my cheat days) at Yogurt Mountain rapping Migos.
Her Campus at Florida State University.