*SPOILER ALERT* If you have not watched the show yet, I do not recommend that you read the following article!

Love is Blind season one created a considerable buzz, and many people had varying opinions all over social media. It was no surprise that season two of Love Is Blind would also cause the same buzz. The reality show premiered on Feb. 11 and had its season finale on Feb. 25. It aired on Netflix and was hosted by Nick Lachey and his wife, Vanessa Lachey.

This season featured 30 singles from Chicago who wanted to experiment with what falling in love means through a wall and separate pods. They were each looking for happily ever after moments and hoping for a lot of “I do’s.”

Let’s dive into some FAQs that probably every fan wonders about. What actually goes into the making of Love Is Blind, like all the gossip and drama that may happen behind cameras?

Starting with the cherry on top, let’s begin with food and drinks. Throughout the series, there were no restrictions on what the cast members were allowed to drink. The singles have cravings and dietary restrictions, and from what we have seen throughout the entire show, some cast members have a glass of wine or an alcoholic beverage, so is it free?

The short answer is yes. Cast members can request food and snacks. Kenny Barnes from season one told Refinery29, “We could request stuff. If you wanted a special snack, they’d go run and get it. Baileys and coffee was my go-to.”

Have you ever wondered if what the potential couples ask and talk about in the pods is scripted or authentic?

According to E! News, Sal from season two explained, potential couples are given “talking points” and “questions” before going to their pod dates; however, they don’t have to use them.

Kyle from season two also added, “It was good if there was a lull in conversation, you just refer to the little notebook and you can drum up conversation.”

There is, though, the portion where they ask the engaged couples questions about the relationship, which might seem that producers are guiding the conversation towards a certain direction. It is a reality show at the end of the day, so the show needs some spiced-up drama.

Before proposing and kneeling on one knee while waiting patiently for the big “Yes!” does the show provide the ring, or do they get them beforehand?

In this season, season two, Kyle bought his mother’s engagement ring, which sparked the question of who picks out the rings? According to The Tab, “the show’s creator has said the men have the choice of some rings, offered to them in a collection from the production team. They could have one of these rings provided for them, ‘should they want to.’”

“Since they were in the facility and weren’t able to go out into the ‘real world’ at that point, they couldn’t have been able to go [to a shop],” he said. “We wouldn’t have allowed them to at that point. It’s obviously such a gigantic moment in people’s lives that we wanted it to be as authentic to them as it possibly could be.”

Let’s take a minute to appreciate the pods whose walls heard many lovers’ stories that were an integral reason of the “blind” love experience.

The creator, Chris Coelen, breaks it down to Netflix Tudum, “The pods could literally be in any country, in any city, in any place in the world.” He added, “The pods aren’t about place. The pods are about an experience.” The pods were the main big must-have when Coelen and his team pitched the project and were a part of the “Love Is Blind package.”

“We wanted to provide an environment for people where they would literally have no distractions,” Coelen says. “We wanted it to be comfortable and conducive to conversation—a place where they could get cozy with each other.”

When having intimate conversations, surely the couples need some privacy and don’t want the 14 other contestants to hear their conversations. Therefore, the pods are designed to be soundproof, and they communicate through mics connected to speakers. “We basically had a small speaker in the front wall and you would hear the other person who was in the other pod,” co-creator and executive producer Chris Coelen told Variety in season one.

Do you think love is actually blind and human connections are the basis of genuine true love? Let us know by following us on our social media accounts found below and letting us know your thoughts!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Hanya is an Integrated Marketing Communication graduate student. She earned her Bachelor's degree in Advertising and minored in Entrepreneurship at Florida State University. She is an iced coffee type of gal, and you will always find her holding one. She binge watches Netflix, Tiktok, and random YouTube videos. She is passionate about everything advertising-related and is a media enthusiast.