Culture > News

Publix Opens New Pours Bars in Several Florida Locations

Have you ever wanted to have a glass of wine while doing your weekly grocery shopping? Or sip on a cold one while perusing the aisles? Well, now you finally can. Publix has begun bringing their Pours bars to several new locations across Florida. You may be asking yourself what exactly is a “Pours” bar. Well, Pours is a new concept at Publix where you can buy different types of wines and beers that you can drink while also shopping around the store.

However, if you are not a big drinker, they also specialize in coffees, kombuchas, acai bowls and smoothies. They sell beer by the pint, or you could get a flight and try several different ones. This a great way of trying local breweries and their different draft beers whilst simultaneously doing your grocery shopping. The bar also has seating so you can enjoy your drinks before, during, or after your shopping trip. Along with their coffee, their teas are premium quality and are perfect for a cold morning alongside their other delicious bakery pastries.

For the health nuts, they also have on-tap kombucha to keep your immune system in check, which is especially needed during cold and flu season. And move over Smoothie King, Publix has a plethora of smoothie options for you to choose from, along with an endless number of toppings for your acai bowls. At this rate, who would ever want to leave Publix? It has everything you could ever need.

Now that I’ve given you the rundown on what Pours is and everything they offer, let’s highlight some other Publix fan favorites. I mean did you even go to Publix if you didn’t get yourself a pub-sub, specifically a chicken tender pub-sub? They are a cult classic for a reason and even have an entire Twitter account dedicated to when they go on sale, with 50,000 followers I might add. In general, pretty much any chicken at Publix is great. Whether that be fried chicken, popcorn chicken, or rotisserie chicken, you will not be disappointed.

This is more of a personal take, but I also think their soups are amazing, especially on a cold day. Another fan favorite is their sprinkled cookies. They truly are delicious and a great dessert to bring to any party for any occasion. Lastly, their sushi is also amazing, especially if you go on Wednesday when they are only $5. Enough about all the great things that Publix has to offer, let’s return to talking about Pours.

The first Pours location actually opened here in Tallahassee in 2018 at the Publix Greenwise Market. Pours bars are typically only found in Publix Greenwise stores, but Publix has plans to expand this concept into more stores. The current Pours locations are found in Orlando, Saint Augustine, Naples, Clermont and Ormond Beach. So next time you go to Publix, check to see if your store has a Pours, and don’t forget to enjoy responsibly! 

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and Pinterest!

Hi, my name is Valerie and I'm a sophomore majoring in Finance at Florida State University. I was born and raised in Miami, Florida, and I love to travel, bake, read books, and play with my dog.