Culture > News

Paradise Is Heating Up as “Bachelor in Paradise” Returns

All of the drama, romance, and scandals are back as Bachelor in Paradise returns to ABC network for its eighth season on Sept. 27. Former Bachelor and Bachelorette contestants compete to stay coupled up in Sayulita, Mexico until the end of the season. Many highly anticipated former contests will return, making for an intriguing season.

The Bachelor in Paradise production team announced the returning contestants on Aug. 26 via Instagram. Fans are excited to see many women from season 26 of The Bachelor, which featured Clayton Echard as “the most eligible bachelor,” who stirred up loads of controversy after he eliminated Susie Evans in episode 10, only to bring her back and end the season with her.  This decision led to devastating heartbreak for Gabby Windey and Rachel Recchia, who were chosen to be “the most eligible bachelorettes” for season 19 of The Bachelorette.

The Bachelor in Paradise season eight trailer featured many of the exciting and action-packed dates and cocktail parties in store. The trailer also hinted at the absurd drama to ensue as contestants figure out who they have the strongest connection with, usually by locking lips. However, there was also a “shocking twist” described as host Jesse Palmer announced the women would be leaving the beach immediately after a mind-boggling turn of events. Former contestants from other Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons, like Aaron Clancy from season 17 of The Bachelorette and season seven of Bachelor in Paradise, can be spotted throughout the trailer as later additions to the show after episode.

In the wake of season 19 of The Bachelorette, which just concluded on Sept. 20, three contestants return for redemption at love in paradise. Former contestants Logan Palmer and Jacob Rapini also took to Instagram to announce their return to Bachelor Nation, followed by Jacob DePhillipo a few weeks after. Jacob Rapini was eliminated in week three after not receiving a rose in the rose ceremony. Logan Palmer, however, had to leave the show in week six after contracting COVID-19. Jacob DePhillipo was eliminated in week eight after Gabby visited his hometown and Jacob admitted he was not ready for an engagement.

Jacob Rapini made a big splash during his limo entrance by showing up shirtless and greased up, showing off his six-pack and biceps. In week two, Rapini was solely dressed in a large leaf covering his crotch during the photoshoot date. Logan Palmer became known for his indecision once the men were split between Gabby and Rachel. He started on Rachel’s side but admitted in week four that he had stronger feelings for Gabby and wanted to switch. Ultimately, Palmer did switch to Gabby but tested positive for COVID-19 shortly after, not being able to leave much of an impact on Gabby. Jacob DePhillipo had a slow start but eventually won Gabby over with his humor and soft demeanor.

From The Bachelorette, contestants returning to the beach include Michael Allio, Justin Glaze and Andrew Spencer from season 17 and Romeo Alexander, Casey Woods and Brandon Jones from season 18. Fans can look forward to Brittany Galvin from season 25, as well as Shanae Ankey, Jill Chin, Hunter Haag, Sierra Jackson, Hailey Malles, Kira Mengistu, Genevieve Parisi, Teddi Wright and Serene Russell from season 16 of The Bachelor finding love again. Additionally, Lace Morris from season 20 of The Bachelor will be getting her second chance at Bachelor in Paradise after previously competing in season three in 2016.

This season will be hosted by Jesse Palmer who joined Bachelor Nation first as “the most eligible bachelor” in season five of The Bachelor and then as the Nation host in Sept. 2021. This will be his first time hosting Bachelor in Paradise, but he will be joined by Bachelor Nation veteran and bartender Wells Adams. Adams started as a contestant on season 12 of The Bachelorette and season three of Bachelor in Paradise before becoming the bartender and right-hand man for Bachelor in Paradise from season four to now.

With the return of Jesse and Wells coupled with shocking former contests, Bachelor in Paradise season eight is sure to be a season to remember. To catch all of the drama and twists and turns, tune into Bachelor in Paradise on Sept. 27 on ABC network or stream on Hulu.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Erin is a senior at FSU majoring in Criminology minoring in International Affairs. In addition to Her Campus, she is involved in Transfer Genius program, Leadership LOGIC, and studied abroad in Italy Fall 2022. Erin enjoys being spending time with friends, cooking, and catching up on reality television.