Culture > News

Nick Cannon Announces He Is Expecting His Eighth Child

On Monday, Nick Cannon made a surprising announcement; he is currently expecting another child with 29-year-old model and real estate agent, Bre Tiesi. The news first came out on tabloid newspaper TMZ. Pictures surfaced of the model Tiesi and Wild N’ Out host celebrating the impending birth of their son at a gender reveal party. 

This news comes as quite a shock as on Dec. 5, it was announced that the five-month-old child names, Zen who he shared with model Alyssa Scott passed away after battling brain cancer.

After finding out he was expecting, he began his celibacy journey. On his podcast, he said, “My therapist was one of the [people] who said I should probably be celibate, and the reason why is because I had shared the news about Bre being pregnant.” He also said, “I felt like I was out of control and honestly, celibacy did help me through the journey of getting one with myself and being able to deal with this.”

Nick Cannon’s impending child will be his eighth child. His first two children he shares with his ex-wife, famous singer Mariah Carey. They were married from 2008 to 2016, and they welcomed twins Monroe and Morroco; they are now 10 years old. A source told Us Weekly that Carey is “supportive” of her ex-husband and that they are great co-parents and friends.

After his divorce from Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon began a relationship with model Brittany Bell. They welcomed their son, Golden, on Feb. 21, 2017. They later welcomed his fourth child, Powerful Queen, in Dec. 2020.

Seven months after the birth of Powerful Queen, Nick Cannon had his fifth and sixth kids, twins Zion Myxolidian and Zillion Heir. He shares them with DJ Abby De La Rosa.

One week after his second set of twins were born, he had another son Zen with model Alyssa Scott. When Zen was two months old, he was diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer, a high-grade glioma. They attempted to stop the growth of the tumor by placing a shunt, but sadly the tumors continued to grow. When searching for routes to save their child, chemotherapy was recommended. Cannon has gone through chemotherapy because he has lupus, an autoimmune disease. With this information, new parents Alyssa Scott and Nick Cannon decided that they wanted their son to have a good quality of life and that chemotherapy was too much of an invasive procedure.

Cannon said, “We could have had that existence where he would’ve had to live in the hospital, hooked up to machines, for the rest of the time. From someone who’s had to deal with chemotherapy before, I know that pain. To see that happen to a two-month-old, I didn’t want that. I didn’t want him to suffer.” Zen passed away on Dec. 5, with both his parents by his side. He commented on his talk show, “My heart is shattered. I wish I could have done more, spent more time with him, taken more pictures. I wish I could have hugged him longer.”

Only two months later, the news came out that he was expecting another child with Bre Tiesi. He said, “I’ve known about Bre’s pregnancy for a while now before my son Zen passed,” Alyssa Scott commented that she is, “I am centered, I am at peace. I look at everyone’s predicament with loving eyes. I will not judge. I will consciously decide what I will participate in.”

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Jessica is a junior at Florida State University studying Retail Entrepreneurship. She is from Hollywood, FL and in Alpha Omicron Pi.