Live Music Is Back: Here’s Who to Look Out for in 2022

The COVID-19 pandemic has brought a lot of changes to the way people interact in society, as well as our perspectives on the things we appreciate. One of the industries hit by the pandemic was the entertainment industry due to the inability for gatherings of large groups; this placed millions around the world out of work indefinitely. The lack of live music and media also changed the way people relax, and for the first time in modern history, home was the only place where people could find escape in creativity and art.

However, 2021 and the emergence of a vaccine have allowed for the return of museums, live music and so much more. In New York City, Broadway has finally returned and theatre is now open to the public, and in France, the infamous Louvre has reopened to the public after being closed, bringing tourism and culture back to France.

But for most people, the best part about entertainment opening up again is that people are now able to see their favorite artists live again, something greatly missed over the past year and a half. Just two weeks ago, Harry Styles’ “Love on Tour” came to Miami, Tampa and Orlando. The Jonas Brothers and the Rolling Stones also have tour dates all around the country throughout the rest of the year.

With 2021 soon coming to an end, artists and bands have been releasing tour dates for the upcoming year; here are some concerts coming to Florida that you should be on the lookout for 2022. For fans of the classics, Paul Anka and Van Morrison are both performing at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater next February. If the bands of the 1960s and 1970s speak to you, check out Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, as they will also be making an appearance at Eckerd Hall in March 2022. Ringo Starr is setting out on tour as well and will be coming to Florida in June 2022.

For a more modern experience, Tyler, The Creator will be setting out on his “Call Me if You Get Lost” tour in 2022 and is coming to Tampa on March 19, 2022. Shawn Mendes just announced North American and international tour dates for the 2022 touring season, and he will be coming to Florida in Oct. 2022.

For lovers of the 2000s, Justin Bieber will be in Tampa in April 2022 and has other 2022 tour dates throughout the U.S. lined up. Following suit, Coldplay has just announced their 2022 tour season and will be coming to Raymond James Stadium in June; one week later, the Backstreet Boys: “DNA World Tour” will be playing at the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre.

Any rock fans out there? If so, the Red Hot Chili Peppers will be touring around the country this coming year, and they will be making an appearance at Camping World Stadium in Orlando in September 2022, featuring The Strokes and Thundercat. Elton John’s long-awaited “Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour” will also be coming to Florida, and Amalie Arena will host this musical icon in April.

These concerts and tours are only a few of the many talented artists coming to Florida in 2022, and with so many exciting musical opportunities coming up, it is important to appreciate the things being given back to us by following CDC and WHO guidelines for safety. To keep having these shows and opportunities, it is important to stay updated on current protocols and guidelines for live events, which can be found linked here.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

Alexandra Straumann is a junior at Florida State University double majoring in Criminology and Political Science. She is so excited to be apart of HerCampus FSU and explore her passion for writing and cannot wait to see what HerCampus has in store; happy reading! instagram: @alex_straumann