Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS
Culture > News

Harry Styles Announces Third Studio Album

On Wednesday, March 23, Harry Styles announced the long-awaited HS3 titled Harry’s House. From his One Direction days to his solo career and over two years since the release of his second studio album Fine Line, fans have been on the edge of their seats awaiting his next move. This year alone he is part of the Coachella lineup, and he is kicking off the European leg of “Love On Tour” with Mitski and Wolf Alice this summer following with the Latin American leg with Koffee in the fall. Not to mention, he is starring in the movies Don’t Worry Darling and My Policeman, and even had a brief cameo in Marvel’s Eternals.

Suspicion for new music arose when the Twitter account, @youarehome, surfaced this past February. Harry has a tendency to announce music in a cryptic way letting his fans connect the dots on their own. On March 19, You Are Home tweeted “the door is open, come on in” leading fans to a website where a closed-door is shown. When hovered over, the door opens partially revealing a glimpse of an image. Since then, the image has been changing every day at 12 p.m. ET.

Styles confirmed the album will be released on May 20 alongside the album cover which features an upside-down living room with him standing on the ceiling. A trailer for the album accompanied this announcement which shows a series of brief scenes ranging from nature, concerts and city life, finalizing with Harry walking onto a stage of an empty theatre where a yellow house prop is then showcased, which alludes to the album title.

He proceeded to then announce the lead single for Harry’s House on March 28 titled “As It Was.” The song was released on the evening of March 31, accompanied by a music video, and it has already broken records. Spotify confirmed the song is their “most-streamed song in a day in 2022 so far, and the most-streamed song in the U.S. in a single day in Spotify history.”

Some of the images from behind the door have been connected to scenes from the music video. This paradox of a song features Ruby Winston and some sad lyrics accompanied by an upbeat melody embodying an array of emotions. Harry confirmed his goddaughter’s feature during his appearance on U.K’s Capital FM. He said, “She used to try and call me before bedtime every night, so one time—I don’t know—it didn’t ring or something and she sent me that. I, kind of, dug it out at some point when we were in the studio and put it in front of the song for some reason. I, kind of, fell in love with it and it just stuck.”

Harry’s House will feature 13 tracks, and it can be pre-saved here. It will be available on vinyl, cassette and CD too which can be preordered now. For now, fans continue to stream “As It Was” as they await Harry’s next move until the album’s release.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

I am a senior at Florida State University double-majoring in Information, Communication, and Technology (ICT) and English: Editing, Writing, and Media. When I have time, I love to immerse myself in other worlds whether it's through reading or traveling.