Picture this: it’s November 2015. “Hello” by Adele is topping the charts….and life is good. Her latest album 25 is just about to drop. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 is set to be released soon. COVID doesn’t exist. Autumn has gently settled in the air.  Everything is perfect. Everything is how it should be.

But then, Adele disappears. For six years. And even then, she was still making headlines because of her weight loss transformation. But now the British icon has finally returned, with more music in hand, recently announcing to the public that her newest album 30 is set to be released on Nov. 19.

In even more exciting news, on Friday, Oct. 15, the first single to the album, “Easy On Me” was released. The slow ballad, paired with the music video, left fans aching for more. The music video was simple: shots of her sitting in a room filled with papers, paired with scenes of her driving in a car. But, there’s a certain power in her voice that constantly reminds us all why she is as successful as she is.

In 2019, Adele filed for divorce. On top of that, her father, Mark Evans, died from cancer in May of this year. So self-care and taking care of her mental health have been big priorities for her. Her last six years have been filled with baths, meditation, alone time, therapy and working out. A lot of working out. Adele prides herself on following her intense workout routine every single day (sometimes even twice a day!) for the past three years to help with her anxiety. “It became my time. I realized that when I was working out, I didn’t have any anxiety. It was never about losing weight. I thought, If I can make my body physically strong, and I can feel that and see that, then maybe one day I can make my emotions and my mind physically strong,” said Adele in a recent interview.

But the real question is…what should we expect from this new album? Well, don’t get your hopes up just yet. Adele recently spoke with Vogue Magazine and spilled that there won’t be another song like “Hello” on this upcoming album. “I don’t want another song like that,” she explained. “That song catapulted me in fame to another level that I don’t want to happen again.”

Many people are expecting 30 to be a powerful, heartbreak-filled, divorce-inspired album, but it’s more about her getting herself together more than anything else.“Neither of us did anything wrong. Neither of us hurt each other or anything like that,” Adele told writer Abby Aguirre. It was during her six-year hiatus where she began to focus on bettering herself. That’s what makes this upcoming album so different from the previous ones. There’s even a song being featured on the album that Adele wrote for her nine-year-old son, Angelo.

It’s official: The drought is over, and Adele is back.

Make sure to check out 30 on Nov. 19!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest!

FSU sophomore Public Relations major from Atlanta, Georgia. Lover of all things green or Frank Ocean related. Bonus point for both.