In the midst of all the craziness that is 2018, one thing that has been consistently good is the new music. Whether it’s popular music or underground, alternative music, the industry is flourishing with new content. One way to distract yourself from the stresses of college is to put on some good music and just enjoy yourself. Regardless of what your music preference is, this list of new music has something for everyone!

Arctic Monkeys: Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino

Courtesy: Twitter

After five years of waiting, Arctic Monkeys fans were finally treated to a new album from the edgy, alternative-rock band. This new album introduced a new era for the well-known band and established an edgier and revitalized sound. Their sixth studio album is so different from their classics that made them rise to fame such as “Do I Wanna Know” and “Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High.” If you’re looking for an eclectic spin on alternative rock, this is the album for you.

Troye Sivan: Bloom

Courtesy: Wikipedia

The second studio album from the former YouTube star has quickly become a favorite on the charts due to its refreshing take on classic Pop music. In his album, Troye takes you through all the emotions felt during finding and losing a first love, as well as discovering your own definition of love. As an openly gay man, Troye delves into the uncomfortable and terrifying feelings he felt when he first fell in love with a man and how it changed him as a person. Featuring hits such as “Bloom” and “Lucky Strike,” this album sounds straight out of a Call Me By Your Name soundtrack and we are here for it!

The 1975: A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships

Courtesy: Coup de Main

The 1975 have well established themselves as an out of the ordinary, pop alternative band, and they’re not ashamed of that. With heavy stylistic influences from the 80’s and Pop music, the English superstars have embodied the spunk and style of classic pop stars, while adding their own flair to the music industry. Their third studio album is set for release late November of this year and we can’t wait. A few singles such as “Love It If We Made It” and “TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME” have already been released and are only adding to the buzz around this highly anticipated album.

James Bay: Electric Light

Courtesy: Amazon

After the overwhelming success of his first studio album, Chaos and the Calm, James Bay embarked on a journey of rediscovery while writing his second album. This second album serves as a turning point in James’s life, and his personal growth is evident through his music. Adding an edgier style to his usually melancholy and romantic sound, James has moved out of his comfort zone and created an album that is honest and catchy. 

I'm a senior from Miami, FL majoring in Public Relations and pursuing a Master's degree in Integrated Marketing Communication. Think of me as the love child of Samantha Jones & Carrie Bradshaw, plus throw in a little Cuban spice.
Her Campus at Florida State University.